cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Happy New Year Everyone! Lets see what AMD has in store for 2024

How was everyone's New Year's Eve? How did you celebrate? Are you looking forward to anything in particular in 2024

Ryzen 7800X3D - Radeon 7900XT - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
6 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

We decided to stay home and had a friend come over to help us ring in the new year.  It was a good time though!

I'm looking forward to another AMD build in 2024.  I haven't decided on a theme yet, but I believe I will be going with the AM5 socket.

As you might have guessed, I toot my own horn.As you might have guessed, I toot my own horn.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Happy new year, y'all! My fiancee and I went to a nice bistro, celebrated the new year there, and then went back home and slept in the next day.

電腦 : 5800X3D • Sapphire Pulse 6800XT • 32GB 3600 • B550 Tomahawk • Superflower 850W Gold • Phanteks 400A Digital
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Kid had the chickenpox so it was a mandatory happy stay at home new year.

I would like to see a triumphant GPU release this year, like the 6950XT was over yhe 3090ti

The Englishman
NortsBot
Adept I

I think I'd like to see a more about future plans for the AM5 socket.  I can't upgrade for a while yet, so seeing how long I have to get into this socket would be useful.  I'm hoping they aren't phasing out to AM6 by the time I can upgrade, but knowing my luck they will be. 

Hopefully someone starts making actually white motherboards again by then too.  Not quite so much the steel and silver look.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hap nye.gif

0 Likes

So true!  Even if I could afford to upgrade, the board I like the look of best is a $700 intel board.  It really stinks.

0 Likes