cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Favorite dish at your Thanksgiving meal?

We are a traditional family.  My wife cooks the Thanksgiving dinner and I get in her way during the preparations.  Once it comes out of the oven, it's my job to cut the bird up.  Then we pack everything up and drive two miles to our sons house so we can celebrate there with our grandkids (our grand daughter cannot stay in our house due to cat allergies).  But what is your favorite dish at Thanksgiving?  According to an AP poll, turkey tops the list.  But there are many dishes, from mashed potatoes & gravy, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, and even apple or cherry pie.  Here's the poll results.  After you enjoy your meal today, let us know which dish was your favorite.

Favorite dish poll taken earlier this month.  What dish do you enjoy most?Favorite dish poll taken earlier this month. What dish do you enjoy most?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
1 Solution
Axxemann
Forerunner

My mom's stuffing. It's more like a meat loaf than anything else. In fact, mom and my sister (same recipe) always make extra in some loaf pans. We like to slice it up and make sandwiches out of it 🙂

Performance over Pretty.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Well, our results are all across the board.  I liked the sweet potatoes with marshmallows.  My wife liked the Turkey & cranberry sauce.  Her brother liked some CostCo casserole dish that our son bought.  Our grandson liked the Bao buns that also came from CostCo.  Our granddaughter liked the mashed potatoes & gravy.  Our son liked the stuffing.  

IMG_7401.jpeg

IMG_7402.jpeg

What about you guys & gals?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
Axxemann
Forerunner

My mom's stuffing. It's more like a meat loaf than anything else. In fact, mom and my sister (same recipe) always make extra in some loaf pans. We like to slice it up and make sandwiches out of it 🙂

Performance over Pretty.
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Did you put gravy on the stuffing, or do you prefer it uncovered?

0 Likes

On sandwiches, mustard. Best with a good rye bread.

On the plate as part of the meal, if it gets hit with mom's gravy, it's good. Cranberry sauce, also good. Straight up plain? ALSO GOOD.

Performance over Pretty.
Eudicots
Adept III

For my family, it seems like turkey isn't a fan favorite. In fact, this tends to be the only protein that makes it into leftovers while ham and prime rib roast always run out. 

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

We already have a spiral-cut ham in our fridge for the December holidays.  I do love turkey though.

0 Likes
quentincrews
Adept II

Stuffing, but then again I’m quite the bread fiend.

You might not like my mom's recipe. It's heavy on beef and pork sausage. 😉

Performance over Pretty.
Vynski
Exemplar

My favorite dish is probably broccoli salad.  Of course along with the turkey, ham, taters, yams, corn, green beans, and rolls.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes