cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Does anyone have any amazing food recipes to share.

I'm looking to expand my cooking knowledge and meal repertoire and step outside my box as far as the kitchen goes. I'd love it if the community could share some of their go-to meals or recipes so I can go make a mess in the kitchen! Thank you all in advance

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
17 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Find Hen of the Woods, or Maitake mushrooms. Scramble some eggs together in a bowl. Cut the mushroom into bite sizes, these things get huge. Dip them in the egg then roll them in some crushed up saltines. Some people fry them in butter, but I use vegetable oil. Cook them until golden brown and enjoy. Save the left overs because if you get a whole Hen of the Woods, it can feed a single person for a while. There is a reason it is also called Sheep's Head. 

They are typically found at the base of dead hardwood trees, like oak, and cherry trees.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

Definitely curious about this, I'm going to look it up as well. Cheers

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
rtbh99
Challenger

heres a recipe for lasagna thats been in my family for at least ten years. i typically use more cheese than the recipe calls for, and more beef because thats how i like it. but this recipe is an excellent baseline, and not hard to make imo.

IMG_0962.JPG

---
lets talk about rtbh99
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 for actually having a recipe book in these modern times.

+1 for amazing penmanship.

+1 for recipe.

+10 for using more beef

Your loved ones are lucky!

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

One of my favourite foods on the planet, look forward to trying it and thank you for sharing! I have a decent recipe as well, next time I make it (which is often), I'll write it down and send.

0 Likes
roshiyal
Journeyman III

I'm on a mission to jazz up my cooking game and break free from my kitchen comfort zone. Any amazing recipes you swear by? Whether it's your go-to comfort meal or a fancy dish that always wows, spill the beans (or ingredients)! Can't wait to make a glorious mess in the kitchen and impress my taste buds. Thanks a bunch in advance, you culinary wizards! Also, any awesome brunch near me?

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

do you like Chili?

And they have the best fried chicken here in PH in my opinion!

reaction123444
Journeyman III

@mengelag wrote:

I'm looking to expand my cooking knowledge and meal repertoire and step outside my box as far as the kitchen goes. I'd love it if the community could share some of their go-to meals or recipes so I can go make a mess in the kitchen! Thank you all in advance

I also love cooking and I maintain my strict diet because of some health issues. I was asked to maintain a low carb diet but the problem was the taste. I was so bored of my diet meals and now thanks to this lowcarb website I have discovered a lot of delicious dishes. You can check it out too and let me know how it goes!

smithneil
Adept I

I've also been on a mission to shake things up in the kitchen. It's all about expanding those culinary horizons.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Don't forget the wine pairing.  So important when you are tasting tasty cuisine.

Tasmanian Pinot Noir tastes similar to New Zealand Pinot Noir.Tasmanian Pinot Noir tastes similar to New Zealand Pinot Noir.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Now, picture this: you've got a plate of freshly grilled shrimp or a stack of crispy veggie tempura. What's missin'? That's right – a dollop of yum yum sauce to take it to the next level. It's creamy, tangy, and a punch of flavor that'll make your taste buds doin' a happy dance.

I stumbled upon this recipe a while back and haven't looked back since. It's become a staple in my kitchen, and I find myself slatherin' it on everything from rice bowls to sandwiches. Plus, it's super easy to make – just a few simple ingredients, and you're good to go.

infohills
Adept I

Absolutely! If you're up for trying something new and delicious, I highly recommend experimenting with some Instapot chicken recipes. They're not only convenient but can also yield some incredibly flavorful results.

Kurisunh
Journeyman III

I love experimenting in the kitchen too! One of my favorite go-to recipes is a homemade pizza from scratch. It's super fun to customize with your favorite toppings and the aroma while it bakes is heavenly. Speaking of pizza, I recently discovered this amazing pizza & kitchen place called therevolution.ie. Their menu is full of delicious options that might inspire your next culinary adventure.

foodresearchlab80
Journeyman III

Explore our blog to understand the intricacies of sensory evaluation, sensory testing, and sensory analysis in the context of food, brought to you by Guire's FoodResearchLab. Learn about the challenges faced while carrying out sensory evaluation of food, gaining insights into this crucial aspect of new product development

0 Likes
ahmad1999
Adept I

Here are some quick and diverse recipe ideas to try:

1. Pasta Carbonara: Classic Italian dish with eggs, cheese, pancetta, and black pepper.

2. Chicken Tikka Masala: Indian dish with tender chicken in a spiced tomato sauce, served with rice or naan bread.

3. Beef Stir-Fry: Cook strips of beef with bell peppers, broccoli, and carrots in a soy-based sauce. Serve over rice or noodles.

4. Vegetable Curry: Simmer a variety of vegetables in spiced coconut milk or tomato-based sauce.

5. Homemade Pizza: Make your own dough and top with tomato sauce, cheese, and your favorite ingredients.

6. Risotto: Creamy Italian rice dish cooked with broth and flavored with mushrooms, seafood, or peas.

7. Tacos: Seasoned ground beef or chicken with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and salsa in tortillas. Serve with guacamole and sour cream.

8. Moussaka: Greek dish with layers of eggplant, ground meat (often lamb), and a creamy béchamel sauce, baked to perfection.

These recipes offer a variety of flavors and cooking techniques to help you expand your culinary skills!