cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Ancient Relics or a Blast from the Past

Allow me to share something old. Something made of gold. Well.. not quite, its just paper.

nJoy!

My 10X CDROM and the Sound Blaster 16 User's Manual with some 3DFX Blaster Voodoo 2 advertising.

johnnyenglish_0-1674950001032.png

My Pentium 166 instruction flyer

johnnyenglish_1-1674950123666.png

Millennium G450 and 9800PRO User's Manual

johnnyenglish_2-1674950515411.png

The BIG CHUNKY DOS Windows & 6.22 plus Windows 95 Books

johnnyenglish_3-1674950581571.png

1997 and they still have 486 available brand new for just 125€ (not adjusted for inflation)
C&C Red Alert just released

johnnyenglish_4-1674950731517.png

Two magazines telling 2 stories, The G400 ruled over NVidia's TNT2 and AthlonXP crushed Pentium 4

johnnyenglish_5-1674950961060.png

The Englishman
26 Replies
pearceej84
Adept II

oh man ... now i want to find an old Tandy to play with again LOL

dryden
Adept III

I wish I kept a few older items from my past. I was moving from place to place often over the years so keeping items such as those didn't seem reasonable. Thanks for sharing blasts from the past!

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Love the collection. Brings back some memories. Unfortunately, I did not have the forethought to save anything. Now I'm kicking myself.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

Yeh.  It's obsolete, get rid of it.  🙄  I think every one of us are guilty of that.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

Here are a few oldies to go along with a couple of those manuals.

Windows NT V 4.0Windows NT V 4.0

MSDOS V 6.0MSDOS V 6.0MSDOS v 6.22MSDOS v 6.22

Easy Script 64Easy Script 64

Windows 3.11Windows 3.11A blurry Windows 3.0A blurry Windows 3.0

Now I still have the laptop that the Windows 3.0 came on.  The battery is so dead that you have to use the power adapter and reset the bios every time you want to use it.  But, it does work.  The maximum RAM is still in MB and I don't remember what the CPU is.  It's a Gateway 2000 with a rewritable CD ROM drive and 3.5 FDD.

A very nice computer.  Just OLD, like me.

blast from the past

Adam J Martin
0 Likes
eebiii
Miniboss

My dad is the one who got me into PC building, and I can still remember how excited he was to get the 9800 Pro.

Vynski
Exemplar

Great card for it's time.  Bought my son one when they first hit the market.  Had to upgrade it when Crysis appeared on the scene.  

Was yours an AGP or PCI card.  Mine was an AGP and it sit in my closet for all those years and my thoughts were it was completely obsolete and recycled it about 4-5 months ago.  Regretted it ever since.

It was AGP. I called him just to make sure lol

Not sure what happened to it.

bobpi
Adept III

I wish I would have kept my TI 99/4a, Apple IIe, Apple III, and my Amiga(s).

I kept 2 Commodore 64 a Commodore 128 and a Commodore 128D.

I sold the 64's dirt cheap many years ago, but the 128's perhaps 4 years ago.  Actually my sister-in-law did the selling on Ebay, so I gave her a good commission for her efforts.  They both included FDD + monitor.  Worked fine and she actually did quite well.

Hind site is 20:20.LOL 

Oh, and Atari 2600.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Its 2000 again. You need to Upgrade!!

johnnyenglish_0-1676665566155.png

Don't forget the Overclocking tutorials

johnnyenglish_1-1676665601481.png

They said this is the best game ever and ever and ever...

johnnyenglish_2-1676665809184.pngjohnnyenglish_3-1676665857749.png

How about two from 94 and one from 98?

johnnyenglish_4-1676665888158.png

The Englishman
addiepie79
Adept III

so cool!!!

Adam J Martin
0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

All said and done, what about the Y2K crash that was going to send us ???.  All of the money wasted on that fiasco.

Spent that night playing XCOM UFO. The world never ended... 

... I saved it from the alien menace. 

We all good! 

The Englishman

I stayed up and watched the Sydney and Melbourne New Year Celebrations since they would be the first to see if all the lights were going out.  What a disappointment, nothing happened.😥

0 Likes

I guess I forgot to say thanks for saving all of us. 😃

0 Likes
rdenmon
Challenger

I had that Soundblaster. Sound Cards were like the big thing back in the day, now no longer seen. I remember when I got an AMD Athlon 900mhz it blew away the Intel competition...those were fun computer times. I should have kept those documents from all the upgrades I had over the years. I also had a bunch of the dial up modems just  from 2.4 then 14.4/ 33,6/ 56k....man i should have kept some of my antiques...oh well.

0 Likes

man did you bring back memory's of dial up modems and waiting for pages to load and avitar chat rooms and yea Soundblaster and those cheap knock off sound cards were a thing and if you wanted to play doom with real sound and not atari sounds like duuup fire gun sounds ahhh yea was fun but I like the new stuff better

Adam J Martin
0 Likes

For those real old people. Remember this 

https://lord.stabs.org

whoa i knew about it but never played it,yea thats old school 

Adam J Martin
0 Likes

Not familiar with that specific one, but there were several of the "Quest" adventures in the mid to late 80's.

0 Likes

How about this?

rdenmon_0-1680560288052.png

How about Colossal Cave Adventure on Unix mainframes? I played it on a CyberSystem at Georgia Tech back in the day. 

0 Likes
adnanshk
Journeyman III

😃 Great Sapna

0 Likes