cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

petosiris
Miniboss

AMD News!

I thought I'd start a new forum thread for talking about exciting AMD news.  It doesn't seem to fit in any of the other forum categories so I'll post it here in Off-Topic. You're welcome to post your own news about AMD, comment and discuss!

I'll start with an exciting article for us who also use Linux:

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D shines in Linux Ubuntu 23.04 OS
against Windows 11 Pro in 80 benchmarks

AMD-Ryzen-7-7800X3D-3D-V-cache-Desktop-CPU

"The Linux operating system outperformed Windows in 72% of the eighty benchmarks tested."

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1bjo4

Source: Wccftech, Phoronix

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
66 Replies
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD to bundle Starfield with Ryzen 7000 CPUs, Radeon RX 7000 and RX 6000 GPUs

AMD-Ryzen-Radeon-Starfield.jpg

"AMD's official Taiwan webpage has now listed the Starfield bundle which will be opening on the 11th of July, 2023 at 9 PM TPE and last till the 28th of October, 2023. The bundled game will be available with select Ryzen 7000 Desktop CPUs & Radeon RX 7000 / 6000 GPUs."

"The Starfield Premium Edition, valued at 2890 NTD or $92 US ($99.99 US on Steam) will be bundled with higher-end hardware while the mainstream hardware will be getting the standard edition of the game which is valued at 1990 NTD or $63 US ($69.99 US on Steam)."

"Bethesda has selected AMD as the exclusive PC partner for Starfield. The company has announced that the game will feature FSR 2 support on launch and will also get specific multi-threaded optimizations targetting AMD Ryzen CPUs."

More: https://wccf.tech/1c7cs

Source: Wccftech

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
petosiris
Miniboss

You can now grab a free copy of Starfield with AMD Ryzen CPUs and Radeon GPUs

AMD-Ryzen-Radeon-Starfield bundle.jpg

"Today, AMD announced a set of bundles offering gamers complimentary access to the hotly anticipated Starfield with the purchase of select AMD Ryzen 7000 Series processors, AMD Radeon RX 7000 and 6000 Series graphics cards, and AMD-based systems, through September 30, 2023.

Gamers can take full advantage of AMD products for a truly next-gen experience in Starfield Premium Edition with the purchase of eligible AMD-based systems or Ryzen 9 processors – including the class-leading Ryzen 9 7950X3D – and with select Radeon RX Radeon RX 7000 and 6000 Series graphics cards, like the 4K powerhouse Radeon RX 7900 XTX or 1440p champion RX 6700 XT.

Mainstream gamers looking to make the most of their experience with AMD products will receive access to Starfield Standard Edition with the purchase of select Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 5 SKUs, including the Ryzen 7 7800X3D, and with the Radeon RX 7600 and Radeon RX 6600 Series graphics cards.

Check out the full SKU breakdown and tiered offers under the game bundle here. Starfield will be made available once it officially launches on September 6, 2023. Starfield Premium Edition grants players up to 5 days early access to the game.

via AMD"

AMD-Ryzen-Radeon-Starfield bundle SKUs.jpg

More: https://wccf.tech/1c80q

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD Zen 5 for desktop won't come with hybrid performance and efficiency cores but laptops will

Ryzen-7000-Chipshot-g-very_compressed-scale-2_00x-728x425

"AMD's Vice President [David McAfee] says [they're] not following Intel's hybrid architecture" approach, bringing Zen 5 to desktops as quickly as possible"

"We know that AMD has now two types of Zen 4 cores, the standard Zen 4 and the density-optimized Zen 4C. David says that one way of doing hybrid is to go the P-Core and E-Core route but that isn't what the red team is planning to take at all. The rationale is that having two different cores with different ISA capabilities makes it harder to fine-tune the OS & applications around the right cores."

I know that Mark Papermaster talked a lot of about different core types coming into our portfolio. I guess what I would say is that as we've looked at different core types there's probably two things that are overarching factors that we think about in terms of how they fit into the portfolio. One is the notion that P-Cores and E-Cores that the competition uses is not the approach that we plan on taking at all. Because I think the reality is that when you get to the point of having core types with different ISA capabilities or IPC or things like that, it makes it very complicated to ensure that the right workloads are scheduled on the right cores, consistently.

Does that make its way into a desktop processor where you're power-unconstrained, I think that's a harder argument to make. We're constantly looking at different core types, how they might fit into our architectures in the future, but I think there's some more obvious places where different core types come in and bring an advantage much more quickly than in the desktop space.

I think laptops are a far more practical application for where you might see that adopted much more quickly.

AMD VP, David McAfee (via TechpowerUp)

Read full interview at TechpowerUp: https://bit.ly/3JTJbna

More: https://wccf.tech/1c8fc

Best,

Oh! I do wish we could get our hands on work laptops with Zen CPU's

Like I say to everyone, don't put Intel in a pedestal, they are not a Knight in a Shining Armor.

Had two amazing crashes today on my 12th gen 7430 Dell Latitude that made me lose 30min of my work. Not even Excel autosave saved me.

I actually forced the screen to open so wide in absolute anger that, that .... no.... it didn't broke, its a 2 in 1.

The Englishman

@johnnyenglish wrote:

Oh! I do wish we could get our hands on work laptops with Zen CPU's

Like I say to everyone, don't put Intel in a pedestal, they are not a Knight in a Shining Armor.

My last Intel CPU purchase was 12 years ago and before that I had mostly AMD CPUs too.  Same with GPUs, I don't like Nvidia and have purchased mostly AMD GPUs, except the most recent one which I bought used and cheap (under half price).

I'll probably buy a new laptop sooner or later but only if it's pure AMD inside, both CPU and GPU.  The new Strix Point CPU series looks great and the 800M series iGPU too.  But I'm unsure if I'll go for Strix point or the Dragon range.  I've heard little about the next Dragon series so far.

Had two amazing crashes today on my 12th gen 7430 Dell Latitude that made me lose 30min of my work.

Sorry to hear that.  It's very irritating to lose work.

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD unleashes the Ryzen 9 7945HX2D, first 3D C-cache CPU for laptops

AMD-Ryzen-9-7945HX3D-3D-V-cache-Laptop-CPU-_1-g-standard-scale-4_00x-Custom-g-standard-scale-4_00x-Custom-2

A historic new first by AMD!  Never before have a CPU with 3D V-cache been seen in laptops and this is AMD's new flagship laptop CPU!

AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX3D.png

"AMD has just announced the world's first 3D V-Cache CPU for laptops, the Ryzen 9 7945HX3D, which will offer up to 128 MB of cache."

"So starting straight with the specifications, the AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX3D comes with a 16-core and 32-thread configuration which is implemented in a dual CCD layout. Each CCD itself carries 32 MB of L3 cache for a total pool of 64 MB but one of these CCDs comes with a 3D V-cache stack of 64.0 MB which increases the total pool to 128 MB."

"The numbers disclosed by AMD show that you can get some amazing performance boost over a non-3D V-Cache chip while retaining superior efficiency. At 40W, the CPU delivers a 23% gain over non-V-Cache parts.  The three configurations were tested in Shadow of The Tomb Raider running at 1080p at high settings."

AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX3D gaming.png

More: https://wccf.tech/1cbco

Source: Wcftech

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD confirms NAVI 3.5 by updating support for it in Linux

AMD-RDNA-3.5-728x445

Earlier, AMD confirmed that Navi 3.5 would arrive next year, in this roadmap:

AMD-Ryzen-8000-AM5-Desktop-CPU-Platform

"Based on the report from Phoronix who discovered the first patches for the RDNA 3.5 GPU drivers, it is revealed that the GPU will be based on the "GFX 11.5" IP which builds on the RDNA 3 "GFX 11" IP. "

"The RDNA 3.5 GPUs will be incorporated within two confirmed product lines which are the Ryzen 8000 APU family codenamed Strix Point and the aforementioned Ryzen 8000 CPU family."

More: https://wccf.tech/1cfqi

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

This isn't exactly AMD News, but related to AMD for those who have received a game code for Starfield through a purchase of an AMD GPU or CPU.

Starfield to get Nvidia DLSS 3 and DLSS 2 mod support on PC at launch, confirms PureDark

AMD-Ryzen-Radeon-Starfield bundle.jpg

More: https://wccf.tech/1cg0v

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD releases new Ryzen chipset drivers, may enhance 3D V-cache performance

AMD Ryzen 3DV Cache CPUs.jpg

"AMD has released a new Ryzen Chipset driver update, fixing multiple bugs and adding programs as a part of refinements in the platform."

More: https://wccf.tech/1cg0o

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

Download new Adrenalin driver v23.8.1

Immortals-of-Aveum-1

New: Support for Immortals of Aveum and bug fixes.

More: AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 23.8.1

Source: Videocardz

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD orders a lot of HBM3 memory from Samsung for its Instinct GPU series.

Samsung HBM3 Memory.jpg

"The Samsung HBM3 memory and packaging technology will be harnessed by the MI300X GPUs and other Instinct MI300 accelerators which will lead the charge of AMD's AI growth in the coming year."

"Just recently, it was confirmed that the SK hynix HBM3e DRAM will be utilized to power NVIDIA's GH200 GPUs."

More: https://wccf.tech/1cgkh

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD FSR 3 technology coming to 12 game titles. Will work on all GPUs and consoles.

AMD-FSR-3-Gamescom-blog-upcoming-games

"[...] FSR 3 will be compatible with all GPUs including AMD's own & also cross-vendor (including NVIDIA & Intel). The technology will also be compatible with consoles. It won't lock down to just AMD GPUs."

"AMD showed Forspoken see a boost from 30s FPS at native 4K (Ultra-High RT) to over 120+ FPS using the same settings and FSR 3 set to "Performance" mode."

AMD-FSR-3-Gamescom-blog-Performance-1456x819

"[...] AMD has confirmed that FSR 3 will be available as a plugin for Unreal Engine 5, further increasing its adoption rate among the gaming community."

More: https://wccf.tech/1chf9

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT graphics card official: 16 GB and faster than RTX 4070 for $499 US

AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT and RX 7700 XT.jpg

"The AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT is one of the two RDNA 3 GPUs being announced today that comes with the Navi 32 GPU. This graphics card is aimed at Enthusiast-Class 1440P gaming and features all the goodies that you'd expect from the Radeon software suite."

"[...] AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB graphics card features 60 Compute Units or 3840 stream processors. The graphics card reaches up to 2430 Hz boost clocks which can provide up to 37 TFLOPs of FP32 Compute horsepower."

AMD-Radeon-RX-7800-XT-RX-7700-XT-GPUs-Official-_-Main-_3

"The AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT & RX 7700 XT GPUs will be available the same day on the 6th of September, 2023, the same day as the release of Starfield, & both cards will be bundled with a copy of the game."

More: https://wccf.tech/1cher

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

All you want to know about AMD's FSR 3 and HYPR-RX!

AMD-FSR-3-HYPR-RX-1

"AMD is introducing the FSR 3 technology which extends upon FSR 1 & 2 with the addition of Fluid Motion Frames tech or AFMF."

"The AFMF is an enhanced optical flow technology that is combined with temporal game data to deliver a massive boost in gaming performance, over 2x in some cases. Fluid Motion Frames tech combines Frame Interpolation and Frame Generation to achieve this big performance gain and is something that sounds familiar to NVIDIA's DLSS 3 technology which has been around for a year now."

AMD-FSR-3-HYPR-RX-_Gamescom-2023-_1

"AMD Radeon RX 7000 users will be able to access Anti-Lag+ while Radeon RX 6000 or lower GPU owners can take benefit from the older Anti-Lag technology."

"FSR 3 vanilla (minus the Frame Generation) works across Radeon RX 500 GPUs (and above) & also NVIDIA's GTX 10 GPUs (and above). The Frame Generation feature is supported by Radeon RX 5000 GPUs (and Above) and NVIDIA RTX 30 GPUs (and Above)."

"AMD says that it only recommends turning on FSR 3 in games that are running at a minimum of 60 FPS to experience an optimal low-latency experience. The company also states that it does not suggest the use of FSR 3 in cards below the recommended list as older cards may not provide the most optimal gaming experience."

AMD FSR 3 hardware support.jpg
Image cut & paste from Wccftech

"The second performance-boosting technology is HYPR-RX which is essentially a software that's part of the AMD Software: Adrenalin drivers. With HYPR-RX, AMD promises a one-switch toggle to boost performance in virtually any game that is based on DX12 or DX11 APIs. "

Also see this caveat about V-sync in the video below.  To avoid screen tearing, you can limit the game FPS rate to match your monitor's refresh rate or disable AMD Fluid Motion Frames (AFMF) / frame generation.  AMD is working on implementing a fix to avoid screen tearing in FSR 3 when frame generation is enabled.

More: https://wccf.tech/1chvl

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

Starfield DLSS 2 and XeSS mod is now available for free, replaces FSR 2

Starfield PC DLSS-XeSS-FSR mod.jpg

This isn't exactly exciting AMD news, but since owners of Nvidia GPUs have been asking for DLSS support, this is good news for them!  Also, this post belongs in the AMD News! here because AMD has a bundle agreement with Bethesda Softworks LLC about Starfield.

Note that if you own an AMD GPU then you'll lose FSR 2 after installing and using this mod.

"Thanks to the AMD partnership, the PC optimization, especially for Radeon GPUs and Ryzen CPUs is great. Having FSR 2 also means that all other camps, NVIDIA & Intel, can also access the frame-rate boosting technology.

However, FSR 2 is known to be a bit lacking when compared to NVIDIA's DLSS 2 and Intel's XeSS upscaling technologies which is a slight bummer that the game didn't implement those knowing how easy it is to integrate such technologies these days. Modder, PureDark, already confirmed his DLSS 3 plugin to be released during the early access period today but that mod will be behind a pay-wall and also feature DRM protection which might lead to some performance impact as we've seen in the past."

"But PureDark is offering a free alternative to AMD FSR 2 to PC gamers in the form of the NVIDIA DLSS & Intel XeSS plugin for Starfield. You can head over to the NexusMod link here to grab the plugin and add it to your game which can provide better image quality and better performance on the respective hardware."

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1cja3

See also: Starfield to get Nvidia DLSS 3 and DLSS 2 mod support on PC at launch

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

Starfield DLSS 3.5 mod now available on PC, upscaling outshines native resolution

Starfield PC DLSS-XeSS-FSR mod.jpg

"Just two days after the NVIDIA DLSS 2 and Intel XeSS plugins were released as mods by PureDark, we now have support for DLSS 3.5 within the game which is great for NVIDIA GPU owners. NVIDIA DLSS 3.5 technology is currently supported within the game and offers a nice visual boost thanks to the latest AI model that enhances the image over the native resolution, providing sharper & clearer visuals."

"How to install NVIDIA DLSS Super Resolution Mod for Starfield: https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/m...

1. Download the StarfieldUpscaler archive.
  2. Extract the archive into the Starfield folder.
  3. Download the UpscalerBasePlugin archive: https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/5...
  4. Extract the PDPerfplugin.dll into mods/UpscalerBasePlugin folder.
  5. Download the DLSS 3.5 file: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/...
  6. Extract the nvngx_dlss.dll into mods/UpscalerBasePlugin folder.
  7. Launch the game and press END in the game to open the menu for the upscaler, and you can select DLSS.
  8. You need to turn on FSR2 in the game's settings, cuz this mod replaces FSR 2.2 with DLSS/XeSS.
  9. There's no quality levels anymore, you simply change the render scaling ratio in the game's settings (67% = Quality mode, 50% = Performance mode).
  10. Play the game with DLSS 3.5."

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1cjft

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD to enhance "OverDrive" GPU overclocking features for Linux users

AMD GPU OverDrive Linux.jpg

"AMD developers are working on revamping the "OverDrive" feature on Linux, allowing additional GPU overclocking capabilities on Linux."

"The existing OD interface `pp_od_clk_voltage` is unable to meet the growing demands for more OD functionalities. Since the buf used within it comes with size limit as one page. With more OD functionalities added, we will hit that limit soon.

To better meet the growing demands, a new set of OD interfaces are designed. With this new design, there will be multiple interfaces exposed with each representing a single OD functionality. And all those interfaces will be arranged in a tree liked hierarchy as below. Meanwhile all functionalities for the same component will be arranged under the same directory.

-AMD engineer Evan Quan via Phoronix"

"The new OverDrive features will include options for adjusting the fan curve, PWM tuning, and several other necessary implementations that Linux users could adopt, to ensure the best performance. However, the newly added functions are limited to RDNA3 users only and aren't accessible to old-gen GPUs. The patches are currently for review, and their integration is expected by the next kernel v6.7 cycle, which is scheduled for November 2023."

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1cj73

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

New AGESA 1.0.0.7c from AMD supports upto DDR5-8000 MHz memory, MSI update their BIOS

MSI-AMD-AGESA-1.0.0.7c-BIOS-Update-For-AM5-Motherboards-Improved-DDR5-Frequencies

"This new BIOS update not only improved DDR5 memory performance but also added various compatibility fixes and new features such as the High Efficiency Mode which boosts gaming performance by up to 12%."

" MSI has rolled out a full list of updated DDR5 frequencies that its AM5 motherboard lineup can support."

MSI-AMD-AGESA-1.0.0.7c-BIOS-Update-For-AM5-Motherboards-Improved-DDR5-Frequencies-_1

"We have seen several AM5 boards easily hitting over DDR5-9000 frequencies which was previously impossible for the platform but after several updates soon, AMD board partners have strengthened the AM5 platform & we've also heard that more updates are on the way very soon."

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1cjra

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

ASUS rolls out AMD AGESA 1.0.8.0 BIOS for AM5 motherboards

AMD-AGESA-1.0.8.0.jpg

"ASUS has started rolling out its brand new AMD AGESA 1.0.8.0 BIOS for AM5 motherboards which adds support for upcoming Ryzen "Phoenix" APUs."

"AMD's Ryzen 7000 "Phoenix" APUs for desktops have been highly anticipated since it will be the first APU family for the new AM5 platform and one that will take advantage of newer standards such as DDR5 memory which will definitely be a nice boost to the integrated graphics which have so far been bottlenecked by DDR4 bandwidths."

AMD-AGESA-1.0.8.0-BIOS-ASUS-Motherboards-Ryzen-Phoenix-APU-Support

"As for what AMD Ryzen 7000 "Phoenix" APUs would bring to the table, we can expect up to 8 Zen 4 CPU cores and up to 12 RDNA 3 compute units in a monolithic design with Ryzen AI capabilities. It'll come with TDPs of 65W which has been the standard for Ryzen APUs [...]"

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1cr1o

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD's Anti-Lag+ feature is getting gamers banned in some games

AMD Anti-Lag Banned Gamers.jpg

"AMD recently released its Anti-Lag+ feature which is meant to improve latency in games but it can also get you banned from your favorite eSports title."

"AMD's Anti-Lag+ is a feature that is embedded within the Radeon Adrenalin Edition drivers and can be toggled on or off through the driver suite."

AMD-FSR-3-HYPR-RX-_Gamescom-2023-_8

"However, yesterday, we saw the very first reports and also the first confirmation that the AMD Anti Lag+ suite is not only modifying game files, but it is modifying them in such a way that can lead to permanent bans. Valve officially confirmed Anti-Lag+ as the main culprit behind why so many users were getting VAC banned on Steam while playing the game."

"You see, the AMD Anti-Lag+ solution is implemented on the driver side rather than within the game modules. So when you enable Anti-Lag+ for a certain game, the driver will inject it directly into the DLL files which is also how cheaters and hackers modify the game files to gain an advantage over other players.

Since Counter Strike 2 is a major competitive title, Valve's Anti-Cheat system, commonly known as VAC, is easily triggered and flags the tampering by the driver as a cheat which leads to a player ban."

AMD's response:

"AMD has been alerted to an issue in which garners playing Counter-Strike 2 (CS2) with AMD Anti-Lag+ technology enabled on Radeon TM graphics are inadvertently triggering a Valve Anti-Cheat System Ban (VAC Ban). AMD is engaged with Valve to address the issue and will provide more details as they become available. AMD recommends gamers who are using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition driver 23.10.1 do not enable Anti-Lag+ technology in CS2 until further notice.

via AMD"

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1csr8

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD rolls back Anti-Lag+ support in all supported games with latest GPU drivers

AMD Anti-Lag Banned Gamers.jpg

"Today, AMD has finally released its latest Adrenalin 23.10.2 drivers which entirely disables Anti-Lag+ from supported games. This feature removal serves as a solution to the ongoing issues and the company has further stated that they are working with game developers on a resolution to re-enable Anti-Lag+ support in the games and also help reinstate gamers who were impacted by the anti-cheat bans."

I guess this is temporary until AMD comes with a permanent fix in a later driver.

Read more: 
https://wccftech.com/amd-rolls-back-anti-lag-support-in-all-supported-games-with-latest-gpu-drivers/

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD Radeon RX 7900M GPU debuts in Alienware m18 laptop:  Ryzen 7045HX and RDNA 3 for insane mobility performance.

AMD-Radeon-RX-7900M-GPU-2.jpg

"The Alienware m18 has entered the market as the most powerful 18" "AMD Advantage" laptop. It has the latest and greatest AMD technologies which feature the fastest AMD Radeon GPUs & AMD Ryzen CPUs. The laptop can be configured with a range of Ryzen 7045HX CPUs up to the Ryzen 9 7945HX with 16 cores, 32 threads, and up to the latest Radeon RX 7900M GPU."

Alienware-m18_06-Custom

"The AMD Radeon RX 7900M GPU is based on the RDNA 3 graphics architecture and features a total of 36 WGPs or 72 Compute Units which make up a total of 4608 cores. That's 20% more cores than the 7800 XT & 10% lower cores than the 7900 GRE. In terms of memory, the GPU is equipped with a total of four MCDs which will enable a 256-bit wide bus interface & 16 GB memory capacities. That will get AMD on par with NVIDIA's top RTX 40 offerings such as the RTX 4090 which max out at 16 GB memory too."

AMD-Radeon-RX-7900M-GPU.jpg

"In terms of performance, AMD pits the Radeon RX 7900M against the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 in 1440p gaming. The 7900M ends up around 7% faster than the RTX 4080 mobility on average and is also equipped with 33% higher VRAM."

AMD-Radeon-RX-7900M-GPU-off-2.jpg

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1cu2n

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD Radeon GPU drivers add Call of Duty: Modern Warware II support, AI speedups for GPUs and APUs

AMD Radeon GPU Drivers.jpg

"The latest AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 23.11.1 drivers are now available for all RDNA GPUs & APUs which means that the older Polaris and Vega offerings are not supported however there's a separate driver release for them that doesn't have the same level of additions. The driver adds support for four games amongst which Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III is definitely the highlight."

"Besides the game support, AMD also adds new Radeon Boost profile support for Alan Wake 2 so those of you who are enjoying the thriller and need extra performance, well you can do so now. Lastly, the driver also brings DirectML improvements and optimizations for a range of AI apps such as Stable Diffusion, Adobe Lightroom, DaVinci Resolve, and UL Procyon AI. Users running a Radeon RX 7000/6000 GPU or Radeon 700M/600M APU will be able to see benefits."

"There's still no word on the relaunch of the Radeon Anti-Lag+ feature which was excluded from driver releases following its game-breaking design and several reports of player bans due to modification of the game's DLLs. Hopefully, AMD can resolve those issues soon and we get to see Anti-Lag+ in an even better shape in the future."

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1d1hu

Best,
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I just installed 23.11.1 on my Wine-Time computer.  Seems to work fine.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

@BigAl01 wrote:

I just installed 23.11.1 on my Wine-Time computer.  Seems to work fine.

Great!  Then we'll just have to wait for Anti-Lag+ to get fixed.

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD's newest mobile GPU Radeon RX 7900M beats Nvidia RTX 4080 in 3DMark!

AMD Radeon RX 7900M 3DMark.jpg

"The first AMD Radeon RX 7900M "Navi 31" GPU performance tests are in and it beats the GeForce RTX 4080 laptop GPU in 3DMark Time Spy."

"Now we have the first performance benchmark in the 3DMark Time Spy synthetic benchmark courtesy of tech and gaming YouTuber, GizmoSlipTech. The system is once again the Alienware m18 laptop, configured with AMD's Ryzen 9 7945HX and the Radeon RX 7900M GPU, and retails for a baseline price of $2799.99 US whereas the RTX 4080 with similar system specs has a retail listing for $3349.99 US or 20% higher price."

AMD Radeon RX 7900M Timespy.jpg

"The AMD Radeon RX 7900M RDNA 3 GPU scored 19,743 points in the 3DMark Time Spy graphics test and 18,404 overall points. This is a really good score for a laptop GPU which ends up being around 4.3% faster than the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 which scores an average of 18923 points in the same benchmark."

"AMD's own official benchmarks showed a 7% gain in performance over the RTX 4080 so it looks like the flagship Navi 31 GPU does well against its AD104 opponent though more testing will be appreciated, especially in games which this GPU is designed for."

"With the Radeon RX 7900M, AMD not only brought the world's first chiplet GPU to the laptop segment but also offered its flagship Navi 31 chip on the laptop segment, something that even NVIDIA has been unable to do due to power/thermal constraints."

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1d1qi

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD Fluid Motion Frames (AMFM) now officially released. Frame-gen for everyone and every DX12/DX11 game, with up to 97% FPS boost

AMD-Fluid-Motion-Frames-Technology-Frame-Gen-For-All-Official-Drivers

"AMD's Fluid Motion Frames technology is now available in the official driver release & offers a big boost in a huge selection of games using frame-gen.

[...] AMD Fluid Motion Frames technology leverages frame generation to boost the FPS in games through a single click. Unlike FSR 3 which requires work with game devs, the AFMF technology can easily integrate frame generation technology by injecting it through the driver side. While FSR 3 still comes out better in terms of quality, Fluid Motion Frames allows you to enjoy boosted FPS in a wide selection of games that are based on the DX12 and DX11 APIs.

While the driver supports all three RDNA generations of GPUs (7000, 6000, 5000 series), the AFMF technology only supports the Radeon RX 7000 (RDNA 3), Radeon 700M (RDNA 3) and Radeon RX 6000 (RDNA 2) GPUs."

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1djle

Best,
0 Likes