Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

BartPP
Adept I

AMD - kind a piece time - have in hands a history. 8-]

Great Hello to All Red Team & other fanatic users 🙂

I'm a litle bit fresh meat here, make some digin spying site for something about piece of history of AMD that maybe we still in hands got, when nothing fit to my imagine hit need to post new so i did.

Idea was for some kind hale of fame or how it was past few years that AMD supply us with designed toys/tools, get on memory that i think it was nearly my first PC machines contact migth have some parts past era and it was 90's with i386/i486 technology at top. Wish to have some of place where we can share what we are in hands that probably will be forget in few years as look on progress in that category ecvolution. 

So i make deep search in old boxes of my only my (my/my/my) precies shiny hardwares and what digout still fine shape ;-]:

AMD K5 75Mhz - i586 STD

K5-75.JPG  

AMD K6 200Mhz - i686 STD

K6-200.JPG

AMD AthlonXP 2000 - 2core 1,67Ghz CPU - totally unrated on time realse - they work fine at users reading ability to get what/where/how to set in hardware make stabilty. 

Athlon2000XP.JPG

have'nt found oldest one i386-DX or i486-DX2 also AMD - they was fiting 1:1 with shi..Intel MB socket (PGA370 or got Brain mem glitch) 

Have a lot of piece life spend with this kind world hardware/softawre form some beginigs of PC's technology make self learn how they work - language was some barier but mostly leak of access to infomration wtchout like now network provides 🙂 get fried out some fine machines before take lesson in OC progression.     

In this year at August make myself birth.prezent and jump from AM3+ era to AM5 with Ryzen9 7950X on board - what it do when at work - dear lord 8-O. 

So if any one wish to share maybe thier pics fanatic goodies of proof to be a longer timing with AMD as fact that community have soterd in site act   8-} 

Thanks and BR

Bart.pp 

100% No Mistaques - Exist Only If 0% Work Is Done
3 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

That is a good collection right there. I would really like to have one functional K5 or K6 and get a retro computer going.

I also keep some, including the one in my avatar.

Go get that 7950X, its a beast! But be sure to grab a good and powerful board to pair with it.

BTW:

There are plenty of topics about AMD nostalgia.

Old Stuff - a Walk Down Memory Lane 

johnnyenglish_1-1698007643666.jpeg

johnnyenglish_0-1698007289989.png

The Englishman

Thanks for hint but I get on mind to check my all power devices if electrical consume summary enough, 

So with new toys get new supply - on board  1kW gold series of Gigabyte realse -

Think it gonna stay for some while with me 8-]

also not need all power now from CPu get it litle bit less power = get lower thermal stres 🙂  

🙂

100% No Mistaques - Exist Only If 0% Work Is Done
jaandoh
Challenger

I love the nostalgic threads, you look at photos and you're transported away to some day in your past...

And when you come back to the present day, you find that there's a smile on your face...