cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

tenzo23
Elite

AMD Community Pet Appreciation Thread

I know this is a little different, but I think it would be fun to see our members' furry friends and pets, and show them some love!

So if you have dogs, cats, reptiles, amphibians, what have you, please share!

This guy is Gibson. He was my good friend for a long time, achieving Eternal status in 2015. Gone, but not forgotten! It's been a long time and I've been thinking about adopting again. Miss having a companion around.

babygibs1.jpg

IMG_9485.jpg

IMG_3826.jpg

/sig Fun guy.
1 Solution
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Great post @tenzo23 ! Thank you! I'll post a picture of my pet when I get home today. 

Perhaps we should start an "Off-Topic" category in the Red Team community.

What do you think? 

Hi @Ashley_AMD - what are your thoughts?

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

View solution in original post

89 Replies
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

I was so excited to find this post and share my loves with you all!!

(Also I love everyone's furry and non-furry babes 😻)

Sage is a kitty with the spirit of dog. Loves to be outside and chase bugs, and cuddles on his free time. He also loves to pick on his brothers.. 

IMG_6654.jpg   

IMG_6524.jpg

Moose is the sweetest giant you will ever meet. Loves cuddles and any kind of snack you will give him. 

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_3981.jpg

Opie is a shy boy, but once he gets to know you he won't leave you alone. His mom (me) is his favorite person in the world. Favorite snack is Cheeto puffs. 

66277478035__6F8817CD-891C-488E-81BA-B5C27900208B.jpg

65773115253__DA763CA6-7F3C-4350-839E-F2C2C8B9D927.jpg

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

Super cute.

I'm always a big believer that people with multiple animals will normally get dogs for their dogs, and then a cat to manage all the dogs 😛

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

True story about the cat managing the dog!

My silly dog and cat.

Dog is called Wolfie
20220214_094659.jpg

Cat is called Dave, Dave is also a female.

Hi @acemodder, quick question, are you a modder?
Sam
Your biggest fan!

I am indeed a modder 🙂

Current SystemCurrent System2013 - painted all orange rads/fans myself2013 - painted all orange rads/fans myselfTri SLI - 2014/2015?Tri SLI - 2014/2015?Case paint job - 2017Case paint job - 2017Current systemCurrent system

That's an adorable photo @acemodder and those names are great. Curious if there's a story behind Dave's name... 😊

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •

There is a story behind Dave and her name.
I got Dave as a new pet for my wife after she had surgery, she wanted a new kitten anyway.   But I told my wife that I wanted to call her Dave, she said no.   I said if I post on Facebook and get 100 likes for the suggested name of Dave then she can be named Dave, she said ok, expecting my post to not get 100 likes.   

I did indeed get 100 likes and as a result, thus the female kitten named Dave was born.     

Dave's birthday is actually the same day as mine also. 🙂

LOL that is a fantastic story, and fun fact about the birthday. Sounds like Dave was meant to join your family. 😊

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •

Dave looks like he has the puppy trained! He is like, i better let her do what she wants!

0 Likes

And you comment about my two having the life.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
Key-J
Paragon

In appreciation of the thread that practically started the Off Topic Lounge, allow me to introduce you to the newest member of the clan.

Nico the Cat!

Adopted yesterday, and fitting right in!

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-30 at 4.22.48 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-09-30 at 12.36.05 PM.jpeg

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Nice to see a kitty find a good home.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Here's our pride and joy (and obsession...), Ozzy!

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

20220105_125616.jpg

 My little guy, Cricket. He's great. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
Axxemann
Forerunner

Hoo boy... a pet thread! How can I NOT get into the mix?

Ladies, Gentlemen... Meet Inigo Montoyger. I found this not so little guy sitting on a fence across the alley from the parking stall where I used to live. As soon as I got out of the car he got really chatty, started doing this little head bobbing thing, and so I went up to him and he promptly hopped onto my shoulder. He was malnourished, had ear mites and wasn't fixed. I figure he wasn't much more than a year and a half old at the time since he was fully grown.

dgiZwmPb

I got him fixed up (both ways) and he'd spend every night curled up next to me. 

ZfUHnvrb1H1z5GOb

Inigo loves turning my parka, softshell, hoodies... anything that's my shirts or jackets into a bed. He'll even pull them down off hangers or the backs of chairs to get to them.

FxQ3jxBb

The ugly part of this story was that my ex girlfriend grew pretty fond of him aswell. We were still living together since we were locked in a lease, and she already had two cats of her own. She even went so far as to file a civil suit over ownership over him. I obviously won that one, otherwise I wouldn't bother to post photos of Inigo. But since it's been just the two of us: Cat & Cat-Dad, life has been good. I pulled a spare kitchen chair into my home office and set it up with a box containing an old sweater of mine as a bed. That way he's as close as he can get without me taking him off the desk when he gets in the way. He's also a HUGE fan of catching some rays on my balcony and trying to figure out ways of killing all the birds he sees.

0LrF6gTb

And of course, every night we have our routine. I crawl into bed, and he hops up beside me to snuggle.

xLUG1Mmb

Now before anyone racks their brains too hard: there's a reason why I named him Inigo Montoyger. The Princess Bride reference should be pretty easy to figure out for anyone over the age of 35. And no, it's not because of his stripes.

Performance over Pretty.
Vynski
Exemplar

Cotton & BrownieCotton & Brownie

Both Australian Shepherds and spoiled rotten.

Cotton (white):  She is Australian and she is wild, so I call her my Dingo.

Brownie: As sweet as a chocolate brownie, so she is my Princess.

So I have this fantastic fairy tale title "The Princess And The Dingo".

Ryzen 7 2700, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, Radeon RX 480, XPG GAMIX S70, GSKIL 16GB 3200, SoundBlaster Audigy 5, Corsair Strafe, Corsair Sabre RGB Pro

Looks like they are living the life!! 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

If only you could see what they have gotten for breakfast for the last 7 years.  Scrambled eggs, a little toast & jelly, Cotton like strawberry better than grape, and each a tea cup of milk.  Then there is the "daily" ride in the Side-by-Side (ATV), today they had to wait until after lunch because of the rain.  Their favorite visitor is one of the FedEX delivery men, of course he has 5 Aussies of his own and he loves to visit with Cotton and Brownie.  When we had Cotton spayed she distraught from the pain when she tried to move and such.  That evening she wanted to get up on the bed and just cried when she tried.  So yours truly, gets a quilt and pillow and spreads it on the floor beside her and sleeps on the floor that night.  Now is that spoiled, and I'm proud of it.

rtbh99
Challenger

they say you cant pick favorites, but my ball python Scully is my favoritethey say you cant pick favorites, but my ball python Scully is my favoriteshe is a Gamershe is a GamerFrida, my leopard gecko. she doesnt get out often.Frida, my leopard gecko. she doesnt get out often.my bunny Rosa. second favoritemy bunny Rosa. second favoritewe also have a dog named Squidwe also have a dog named Squid

We have four animals. A ball python named Scully, she will be ten years old next year, she is my baby. A leopard gecko named Frida, she is also getting older, about 8 years old now. Her species lives for about 15 years though. Then there is my bunny named Rosa, she likes to eat banana a LOT but it is just a treat. And finally we have a bichon frise named Squid, because his head kinda looked like squidward's when we got him.

---
lets talk about rtbh99
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Oh my goodness @rtbh99 you have a snake for a pet! Awesome. Although beautiful, I'm scared of snakes, it's the only thing that scares me. I've seen a few here in TX, and, well, I just run! LOL

Sam
Your biggest fan!

lol theres nothing to be scared of she is just a soft, wiggly tube 🙂

---
lets talk about rtbh99

Right up until they decide to musk you. A friend's python did that to me, put me off snakes completely.

Performance over Pretty.

my snake has peed and pooped on my multiple times. one of her nicknames is Miss Piss lol. now i know not to handle her when shes full of poop, havent been messed on in 5 years.

---
lets talk about rtbh99
Vynski
Exemplar

I feel the pain friend.  This is Biscuit, Brownie's liter mate.  He was about 7 weeks old here  He was a car chaser and and we lost him in Feb 2017, broke my heart.  We had Cotton within a week.  Like your companion, gone but never forgotten.PB220899.JPG

PB230244.JPG

red5
Miniboss

My dobie Greta out for a run in the woods. IMG_1418[2].JPG

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN

That's nice.  Here is where Cotton and Brownie like to run mostScott Bottoms.jpgalower Barn creek.jpg20190106_131854.jpg

Winter walking only, recommended.  Copperhead country!  

jd63636
Adept III

Max on his last sunrise walk on the beach (Jan 2020). He fought the cancer like a warrior and chemo gave him an extra six months comfortably with us. But in the end, we had to what was best for him.  The night before we took him to Lazy Dog Café for one last hamburger with rice and the following morning a sunrise walk on the beach followed by a celebration with friends and their dogs. Then finally we had the Dr come to the house to send him off peacefully at home surrounded by his loved ones. I have owned a lot of dogs in my lifetime and adored them all. But Max was the only dog that left me thunder struck the first time I met him. Rest in peace sweet prince!Max.jpg

Ryzen 7 7700X | MSI RTX 4070Ti Suprim X| Gskill Flare X DDR5 6000 | MSI X670E Pro Carbon | Bequiet Pure Loop 2 FX 360mm | Lian Li Lancool III | Corsair HX1500i |4,140mm Lightwings 3 Fans

That is heart breaking.  We had 2 yellow Labs prior to Cotton and Brownie.  One of them had diabetes really bad and we had her put down, a very tearful afternoon.  Her litter mate passed away in my arms about a month later.  Could not bear to put her down.  I don't know how long I just sat on the back door stoop and held her.

We all love our pets too much and their love for is is so unconditional. 

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing such a great story with us! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
Araujo99
Adept I

19442110_431743620557563_3154913568330520301_o.jpgBalu(Black) Jackie (Big one)  Maggie (Little one)Balu(Black) Jackie (Big one) Maggie (Little one)

Tacheon
Journeyman III

This is Jessi. She's Siberian Husky, American Pitbull, and German Shepherd mix.  She's also a social butterfly.

JessicaA.jpg

lowteck
Miniboss

Peaches, AKA Pretty Girl posting up on my home office laptop...Peaches, AKA Pretty Girl posting up on my home office laptop...

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...

He or she looks like they help every day.  Sitting on that laptop keyboard.  Everyone needs a helper like that.  I have as dog that helps me tie my shoes every morning.😂

jamesc359
Forerunner

I was disturbing his mid morning nap.

IMG_2317.JPGIMG_2323.JPG

looks- not amused!

MarzW4
Adept I

I weesh I coood go outsidzzzz

0 Likes
venaur
Elite

This is my doggo Shadow. He is a good boy and i love him a ton. He is an avid gamer and loves to keep me company when working or gaming 🙂 

241641888_10223723811517268_5141784407176560744_n.jpg205263112_10223274529365495_3361492091842254702_n.jpg236058435_10223577357976021_901086622062414647_n.jpg238689664_10223590730230319_4712159416443771284_n.jpg

he looks kike a real HAM.  Adorable.  Is he like one of mine, if you ever throw a ball for them your hooked.

0 Likes
venaur
Elite

SO MANY CUTE PETS!!!!

0 Likes