cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

tenzo23
Elite

AMD Community Pet Appreciation Thread

I know this is a little different, but I think it would be fun to see our members' furry friends and pets, and show them some love!

So if you have dogs, cats, reptiles, amphibians, what have you, please share!

This guy is Gibson. He was my good friend for a long time, achieving Eternal status in 2015. Gone, but not forgotten! It's been a long time and I've been thinking about adopting again. Miss having a companion around.

babygibs1.jpg

IMG_9485.jpg

IMG_3826.jpg

/sig Fun guy.
1 Solution
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Great post @tenzo23 ! Thank you! I'll post a picture of my pet when I get home today. 

Perhaps we should start an "Off-Topic" category in the Red Team community.

What do you think? 

Hi @Ashley_AMD - what are your thoughts?

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

View solution in original post

89 Replies
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Great post @tenzo23 ! Thank you! I'll post a picture of my pet when I get home today. 

Perhaps we should start an "Off-Topic" category in the Red Team community.

What do you think? 

Hi @Ashley_AMD - what are your thoughts?

Sam
Your biggest fan!

@Sam_AMD  I'm 100% on board with that! 

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •

Yes, I think an Off Topic section would be a great idea! Something to give us a break from the usual and have a little more fun. 🙂

@Ashley_AMDLovely doggies and names lol. And thanks for the go ahead! BTW, Gibson was actually an English setter too, mixed with chow.

/sig Fun guy.

Yes, I also agree with the Moderators,  that would be a good idea to open a Non-AMD/Computer Topic forum for these types of threads since it really doesn't have anything to do specifically with AMD or computers in general.

Something similar to what Reddit has.

But I would believe that type of forum will be a magnet for spammers to open threads in the future, in my opinion.

Its great to see people with their best friends, unfortunately my best friend is no longer with me.

He lived 18 great years but a stroke got him 😞

But here's some pics in his tribute.

kodak 004.jpgimage_2022-01-31_220620.png

DSC00084.JPGGATO (2).jpgkitty.jpg

The Englishman

That is a big cat

Thanks for starting this thread - I'm a huge animal lover! Gibson is adorable - looks like he was the best boy.

Here are my two current best pals; Buffy the Standard Poodle and Baby Triceratops the setter. Buffy just turned 5 and Baby is 13.

buffy1.jpg

buffy2.jpg

buffy3.jpg

baby2.jpg

---
Ashley

Adorable, love the poof!

SocratesGS
Adept II

My pets are a bit more wet than the ones posted so far...20200302_191108.jpg

Key-J
Paragon

Allow me to introduce the biggest ham you will ever meet. My puppers.

20160424_160518.jpgFB_IMG_1608792192418.jpg

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

These pics put a smile on my face! Thanks guys!

@Key-JLol great pics! His big ham personality definitely shows 😁

@SocratesGSI love fishies (along with underwater nature documentaries). Also, nice healthy tank! One day I'd like to learn more about proper tanks and getting into aquascaping. It's like an art.

@johnnyenglishI know how it feels and thanks for sharing. I'm sure he was a cool cat!

/sig Fun guy.

Alright everyone, here are a couple of pictures of our dog. Her name is "Aloha", she's half Maremmano-Abruzzese Sheepdog and half Labrador. She's about 60 pounds, 9 years old, and is the most gracious, gentle dog ever!  She is soooo mellow...and quite, sometimes I think she is a cat! 

Sams_Aloha_1.jpg

Sams_Aloha_2.jpg

Sam
Your biggest fan!

@Sam_AMDShe looks like a sweetheart! And my first time learning about Maremmano-Abruzzese Sheepdogs!

/sig Fun guy.

Oh yes, she is a sweetheart, she is so gentle, especially with my 5 year old. She's put up with so much LOL.
Sam
Your biggest fan!

Great !!!

241490107_643833259896755_564763113806144815_n.jpg

Ready to pounce!

0 Likes

Labs are probably one of the gentlest dogs there are.  But, let someone or something threaten their master and they are very protective.  Had a friend in college with a black lab, and watched that dog take down a Doberman in a heartbeat. 

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

This is our cat. We're not sure exactly how old he is, our best guess is around 18 years old. He's a Balinese, sometimes called a long haired Siamese. Yeah, he's got their infamous yowl.

IMG_1343.JPG

IMG_1456.JPG

Oh that is a cute kitty 🙂

0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

In retirement, I do cat rescue activities.  I have a 'Cat Tuesday' every week and I feed feral cats in the morning, cats in adoption centers in the later part of the day.  It's rewarding and it gets me out of the house for a while.

This is Donald, whom we adopted in March 2021.  He came from a shelter in West Virginia.This is Donald, whom we adopted in March 2021. He came from a shelter in West Virginia.This is Oscar, who is hoping to be adopted at a PetCo in Burke, Virginia.This is Oscar, who is hoping to be adopted at a PetCo in Burke, Virginia.This is Belle; she recently arrived at the adoption center  at a PetSmart in Springfield, Virginia.This is Belle; she recently arrived at the adoption center at a PetSmart in Springfield, Virginia.This is a feral girl that's part of a cat colony in Burke, Virginia.This is a feral girl that's part of a cat colony in Burke, Virginia.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Cats are awesome! I always wanted a cat (a Scottish fold or Persian), so does my son. Maybe one day! We're happy with our dog "Aloha" she is awesome - we'll see...

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Loving the cat photos, and especially hearing a bit about their background. Thanks for sharing @BigAl01 😃

---
Ashley

We had a kitty we called Mask that looked very much like your Donald.  Very playful and active.  She also had a littermate we called Rolly.  Man he was a real piece of work.  If you tried to pick him up, he would go completely LIMP, and it was hard to hang onto him.  He was a big long haired cat and quite a mouser, as long as they were already caught in a trap.  He would bring them to you to let you know we had caught one.  One night he came waling down the hall with a mouse, in a trap of course, with 3 more traps hanging from his fur.  We heard a clickity-click every step he took. 

Both were before the digital photo age so all we possibly have are some 35 mm photos.

0 Likes
MarzW4
Adept I

Jasper Ziggy IttyBittyBabyKitty

PXL_20220222_082358339.jpg

IttyBitty is hamming it up something fierce! Too cute!

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes
eu4ia
Adept I

These are my girls! The white with black spots is Oreo and her little sister is Aria 9E18CEA4-8DB2-4E7C-BDC4-CE99421D977E.jpeg

[AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti]

Love the spots, the little one is super cute!

0 Likes
greydog5
Adept II

laugh.jpg

FMB
noblekouta
Adept I

Yes I would like an "Off Topic" category but I personally have no interest in the pet topic. Which is why I think the category is a great idea.

rdenmon
Challenger

Good lookin dog.

legion404
Adept I

This guy is ApolloThis guy is Apollo

Oh my goodness! It's awesome! (What's its name? What is it? Sorry - I'm not familiar, is it a guinea pig?)

I've been wondering if anyone had a pet other than a dog or cat...anyone?

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Name is apollo, He is a lion head rabbit 

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Donald has insisted that I post a few more pictures of him and the other cats that are in residence.  He is such a loving cat.

Donald loves the heated bed on the cat tree.  Our other cat Molly loves it too.Donald loves the heated bed on the cat tree. Our other cat Molly loves it too.Here is Molly on our couch last year.Here is Molly on our couch last year.This is Tiger, who turned 14 last week.  He is an outdoor cat who adopted us 3-4 years ago.  He loves his heated bed during the winter months.This is Tiger, who turned 14 last week. He is an outdoor cat who adopted us 3-4 years ago. He loves his heated bed during the winter months.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

@BigAl01 Great photos! I adore how nonchalant cats look much of the time - not a care in the world. Must be nice 😂

---
Ashley

@Ashley_AMD You've got that right - not a care in the world.  They get three square meals at our house (well, round meals because their food dishes are circular) and maybe some playtime too.  

There is a story behind Tiger......thanks in advance for asking.  He showed up maybe 4-5 years ago as a stray, looking for food and water.  I started putting out a food dish and he started sticking around.  Eventually I put out a cat bed by our front door and he would spend some time there.  He let me get close to him (but no petting) and I was happy when he was around the house.  My other cat rescue friends convinced me to trap Tiger and check to see if he had been fixed.  It's the old Trap, Neuter and Release (TNR) routine you see.  So we trapped him after a few days and he went to a vet to be checked.  Turned out that he was already fixed, he had been microchipped and his registered owner lived about a mile from us through the woods that are behind our house (there's a creek down there too).  He had been missing for SIX YEARS from their house.  They still had his mother and his sister.  His real name was Kobe.  So they got him back and I was both happy and sad.  I became friends with his owner on Facebook, but we didn't really interact much.  They went back to their old methods of letting him go out when he wanted, as he didn't like being inside a house all day.  

Fast forward six months from the time that I trapped him, and who shows up at our door?  It's Tiger (Kobe) again!  He came back to me.  Now I knew this was meant to be and when I contacted his owner, they said I could go ahead and keep him as he obviously likes it here more than with his mother and sister cats.  So that really started a closer relationship between Tiger and myself.  He started to trust me and he would sit on my lap while I brushed him on our front stoop.  A few years ago another cat showed up (a black one we now call Blackie) and after a few months of aggression between him and Tiger, they became good buds.  They each have a heated cat bed on our front stoop during the winter months.  They also get three square meals a day.  Blackie won't sit on my lap but now he does let me pet him when I bring out food.  They both like cat treats of course.

Blackie resting about 2 feet from me on the front stoop as I brush Tiger on my lap.Blackie resting about 2 feet from me on the front stoop as I brush Tiger on my lap.Brushing Tiger on my lap (with a towel to protect my legs from his claws).  Yes, I enjoy wine.Brushing Tiger on my lap (with a towel to protect my legs from his claws). Yes, I enjoy wine.

Love the story behind Tiger.

@legion404Wow, never seen one before! Looks like a Pokemon lol 😀

/sig Fun guy.