cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

AMD 7000 Series Event

Anyone tuning into the unveiling of the 7000 series tonight? I know its 7 pm EST (East Coast the beast coast 😏) I always get excited when the new stuff is shown at events. While I'm personally excited for when/if AMD talks about the V-cache versions of the 7000 series, I am interested in the 7900x non 3D V-cache announcement in the 7000 series. I also hope they touch a bit more on the motherboards. Seems like it will be a crazy amount of options between the 670E, non E and the B650 E, non E. Well, I've said enough. Anyone else checking it out? lol

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
1 Solution
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks so much for posting this, @GreatnessRD 🙂 

I went ahead and linked a ton of resources for you all on this post if you'd like to learn more about some things that were announced! 

https://community.amd.com/t5/gaming-discussions/amd-ryzen-7000-series-updates/m-p/542884#M22616

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

View solution in original post

12 Replies
red5
Miniboss

I'll try to watch.  I always like the official announcements because they put all the rumors to rest.  I'm just hoping the prices aren't as high as what I've been reading.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN

I'm a glass half full. If the rumors are true, hopefully the price to performance makes sense. We'll see later today though.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

@GreatnessRD wrote:

Anyone tuning into the unveiling of the 7000 series tonight? I know its 7 pm EST (West Coast the Best coast 😏) ...

There you go, fixed it for you 😉 ❤️

In all seriousness though, I am excited to give it a listen and find out what the new platform is all about!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

Because its you, I'll allow it. 😆

KeyJ_0-1661792245124.gif

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
Key-J
Paragon

If you guys missed it, CNET did a fantastic highlight here:

Incredible to see the 7600 beat out the 12900k. 

As well as the general performance increase and wattage efficiency overall.

I'm really curious to see how this will run with the full AM5 suite and of course the eventual Radeon 7000 series GPUs.

Well done AMD!!

----------
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

I needed this injected into my veins. Thanks, Su Bae! 7000 series look good. 7900x and 7900 XT just sounds... yes.

ajlueke
Grandmaster

It's basically the prosumer launch.  All those high end VRMs and overclocking really benefit productivity tasks more than gaming.  For games, the X3D line will probably be the way to go, and those will probably be trapped within their TDP just like the current version.  No reason to buy a "E" level board for that, and there is no reason for multiple GPUs outside of workstations period.  MultiGPU is barely supported.

*hard* disagree.

Heck, iGPUs could even count as multi-gpu rigs

What about play-work rigs which utilize both a professional grade and consumer grade gpu?

What about having one GPU being utilized as an encoder while you use the other for productivity or games?

What about situations where people emulate in a VM and don't want to use passthroughs?

There's tons of legitimate reasons for consumer level multi-gpu support.

Yes, it's a power user focus, but this is along the same lines of saying that consumer grade hardware shouldn't even consider supporting ECC when it should be a standard feature in hardware already.

The whole point of a computer is that it should be versatile. If I wanted a dedicated rig for a specific task I'd have purchased a Mac or a console.

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers
0 Likes

"What about play-work rigs which utilize both a professional grade and consumer grade gpu?

What about having one GPU being utilized as an encoder while you use the other for productivity or games?

What about situations where people emulate in a VM and don't want to use passthroughs?"

Hence why I said prosumer launch.

For gamers, which is what my original post was about,  the X3D CPUs will certainly beat anything from the non-3D variety.  And you can leave the high level VRMs of the E series behind, since you won't be able to boost past the TDP anyway.  So you may as well get an X series, which the only other thing you lose is a second GPU slot and MultiGPU in gaming is as good as non existent.

0 Likes
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks so much for posting this, @GreatnessRD 🙂 

I went ahead and linked a ton of resources for you all on this post if you'd like to learn more about some things that were announced! 

https://community.amd.com/t5/gaming-discussions/amd-ryzen-7000-series-updates/m-p/542884#M22616

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

Nice! Thanks for the link! I'll check it out. @Amber_AMD 

0 Likes