Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Discussions

veks
Journeyman III

Unusual CPU usage / Crash when opening Uber shader

Hello,

I just installed Prorender and I like it so far. But I noticed unusual high CPU usage. it starts when I am just moving sliders from the Uber shader for example. The other issue is I am trying to get displacement in Uber shader, but then I probably messed some nodes up and now I cannot open Uber shader anymore even in new scene.

Those questions are for now.

Regards, Vedran

0 Likes
2 Replies
veks
Journeyman III

Hello,

Ok, I reinstalled the plugin and everything works now. But I cannot get Volumetric light to work. I created a sphere with Volume shader and there is no effect on the light inside the sphere. What I am doing wrong?

Regards, Vedran

0 Likes

HI,

Regarding each issue

1. For CPU usage when in hypershade or attribute edit this is expected results, the plugin at this time is caching
its shader cash this will happen each time u move slide when working with settings such as SSS or backscattering.

2. For displacement its possible your running out of gpu memory here. is it possible you can attach scene and provide
each step the lead you to this issue? and about opening new scene after this happen this seems interesting i would like to try
to reproduce this this sounds like a bug.

3. for volumetric lights can you provide you system specs and OS?

it is known that volumes will not work on MAC os

0 Likes