cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Discussions

Not applicable

Transparency Not Rendering

Hey all,

Trying to figure out why I can't get transparency to actually come out in my viewport/final render with RPR.

Starting off, heres my scene in Viewport 2.0:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet 

As you can see theres transparency on the mask she has on. This material is setup as a lambert like so:

And the RPR manual says Lambert is fully compatible with RPR so all should be fine?

But when I render this is what I get

Any idea what might be going on and what I should change?

Also, side question, why is there no transparency/opacity option in the RPR PBR node?

0 Likes
3 Replies
arozghon
Challenger

Hi. could you share this mask model, if it possible, with the current material setup? In PBR shader Glass parameters used for transparency setting and if set IOR to 1 you will get close to the same result as transparency channel, but for the more accurate result will try to Uber shader, this shader has many more options and setting as PBR shader has.

0 Likes
david_s
Miniboss

Hi,

I can confirm that transparency is not working. Also thank you for pointing the issue out in our documents. This is actually a mistake, and it should be partially supported. We do have plans to add better support for this material in future.

For the time being try to use Uber material.

Okay, that makes sense, thank you. I switched over to RPR Uber materials and it's working fine now. Thanks!