cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Discussions

kzk
Journeyman III

RadeonProRender for Maya (v2.9) cannot be installed

I am using Maya 2020 on iMacPro (macOS Catalina 10.15.5, RadeonProVega64X).

I downloaded "Radeon ProReder for Maya(Version 2.9)" from "https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-prorender-downloads" and installed it.

When the installation was finished, the message “Installed Maya modules and shelves.” was displayed.

But when I started Maya 2020, the ProRender menu didn't appear.

And when I check the Maya Plug-in Manager, I can't find "RadeonProRender.mll”.

How can I use "Radeon ProRender"?

0 Likes
7 Replies
david_s
Miniboss

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue, i will investigate this on my side

0 Likes

Hi,

It can be possible the plugin wasn't installed correctly. It seems to be working on my side.
Could you try to uninstall the plugin and also remove the old builds from downloads? Then install a fresh copy of the plugin.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried uninstall and install several times, but it didn't work.

After installation, the RPR file seemed to be created correctly, so I thought about other causes.

I usually use Maya in the Japanese version but when I launched it in English version, the plugin was recognized.

I'm not good at English so I would like to use Maya in Japanese version if possible.

Is there any solution? (Of course, the RPR menu is ok in English)

0 Likes

Hi,

Ah, that explains why I was not able to reproduce this. I will send this issue to the developers and will also try to investigate it further on my side.

0 Likes

Hi,

I can confirm this issue on my side, it seems to be a Mac-only issue.
I will inform our developers about it.

Thanks for reporting

0 Likes
david_s
Miniboss

Hi,

I have some good news for you. This issue should be fixed upon the next release of the ProRender plugin.

0 Likes

Thank you for the good news.
I am looking forward to it!

0 Likes