cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Discussions

veks
Journeyman III

Is Prorender supports 3060 Ti?

I have constant crashes, freezes and won't image render sometimes. Is my card supported? Because when I choose gpu for rendering, it says the card is unsupported.

0 Likes
10 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

No idea, this site is for AMD, your GPU is Nvidia..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
veks
Journeyman III

Anyone?

0 Likes

You have an Nvidia card, you will need to use Nvidia forums..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

What nvidia forum? Are you saying nvidia has the forum for Prorender?

0 Likes
david_s
Miniboss

Hello,

Yes ProRender does support Nvidia cards and AMD cards. ALL Nvidia cards will show up as uncertified this is expected 

As far as the crash goes can you please provide information Regarding what is causing the crash , Along with Steps leading to the issue. 

Also Please provide you full system specs and OS and if possible attach the scene that is causing the crash. 

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank You for the answer.

My specs are:

32 gigs of ram

3060 Ti

Arnold (turned off) 

ProRender

Windows 10

OK, I enabled Tile render (that is Bucket rendering?) and wow, it is much faster now. Regarding displacement, i sucseeded to assign displacement map to a plane just for testing and it doesn't use much of Vram, so displacement is good.

Regarding issues that I have now, here is the list:

1. Simple scene (sphere, plane and light) is loading slow. It needs around 10 seconds to load.

2. When I create Uber shader, Maya freezes for a few second. But when I try to render the scene with Uber shader, Maya freezes for good.

3. Most of Radeon Pro lights doesn't have options for harden/soften shadows (theese options are grayed out)

4. (This is minor), When I enable Tile render, I don't have in which time the image was rendered (it shows 0:00)

0 Likes

Hi, 

(1. Simple scene (sphere, plane and light) is loading slow. It needs around 10 seconds to load.

2. When I create Uber shader, Maya freezes for a few second. But when I try to render the scene with Uber shader, Maya freezes for good.)

yes this is expected, the engine is creating Shader cache during this time. Also this can happen when using Maya standard nodes because we are baking them. 

3. Most of Radeon Pro lights doesn't have options for harden/soften shadows (theese options are grayed out)

this is also by design there are limitations to light settings. 

4. (This is minor), When I enable Tile render, I don't have in which time the image was rendered (it shows 0:00)

this is actually a bug devs are aware of the issue.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Hello,

Sorry for flooding with messages, but I leaved it frozen for a few minutes, and it came back to normal. The scene is loading fast now. Then it got frozen again and I leaved it for a few minutes, and again, it came back to normal. Why is that?

0 Likes
veks
Journeyman III

Hello,

Ok, the render somehow resetted itself and now is working as it should. I just noticed that the lights doesn't have much options. For example, I cannot make area light just to cast the square of light under it. Or is it possible?

0 Likes