cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Discussions

fabio_gi
Journeyman III

Glitchy bars on renderings

Anyone know what causes these kind of bars? (in the picture, the one on the left is an example)

They appear sometimes in random position, bars of variation in luminance or gamma, idk.

It's pretty annoying. 

test_0.jpg

0 Likes
9 Replies
shrisha
Adept II

Hey Fabio, share you scene and I will check this on my rig. Never had this kind of glitch.

0 Likes

Firstly I have to specify the glitch occur only on GPU+CPU mode (I missed the check in the viewport tab).

About the scene sharing I got some hesitation: it's about my agency taking part to a public tender. 
I will try to reproduce the glitch on a new scene, and I will send you.

Then, do you know any quick way to reset the rpr setting to default? 

0 Likes

Screenshot_1.jpgcopy attached file to c:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\maya\Presets\ and import it as on a picture

0 Likes

thank you! 
Weirdly the setting remained the set-ones on new scenes either after uninstall-reinstalled the plug in -.- 
I start to think my computer is cursed

0 Likes
david_s
Miniboss

Hi Fabio,

I can confirm this is a known issue when using CPU+GPU. The current work around is to use either the GPU or CPU mode, not a combination of them. Sorry for the trouble it may cause.

0 Likes

Thank you, 
I've had to misread some release note. 

0 Likes
shrisha
Adept II

Yes, your scene is fine. It is RPR glitch. Same problem here CPU+GPU makes this thing. Only GPU or CPU have rendered properly.

_fabio1.jpg

0 Likes

Shrisha, sorry for the late reply. 

Thank you about the try. Is it to much if I ask to perform e sequence rendering, usually I cannot go beyond 10 frame without facing some crashes. 

0 Likes

Hi Fabio,

Just for sake of testing I did small animation and everything went very smooth with no crashes.

250 frames. I believe there is something with your geometry or shaders.

0 Likes