cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Enable AMD FreeSync™

How To Enable AMD FreeSync™

This document provides instructions on how to enable AMD FreeSync using AMD Radeon Software.

What Are The Requirements To Use AMD FreeSync™?

• A compatible AMD Radeon™​ GPU with a DisplayPort connection

AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo, R9 Fury X, Fury, Nano, RX 480, RX 470, RX 460 R9 390X, 390, 295X2, R9 290X, 290, R9 380X, 380, R9 285, R7 360, R7 260X and 260 GPUs feature display controllers that  support dynamic refresh rates during gaming.

• A compatible AMD graphics driver

AMD FreeSync™ is available using the latest AMD graphics drivers from www.amd.com/drivers.

How To Enable AMD FreeSync™?

• Ensure the DisplayPort 1.2 channel is enabled and selected

pastedImage_8.png

• Enable AMD FreeSync™ in the Display OSD setting

1.png

Note! If you are unsure how to enable AMD FreeSync™ in OSD setting please consult the display documentation or the manufacturer's website.

How To Enable AMD FreeSync™ In AMD Radeon™ Software?

• Right click on the desktop and select AMD Radeon™ Settings

5.png

• Navigate to the Display tab

9.png

• Set AMD FreeSync to On

10.png

Note! AMD FreeSync™ requires DirectX® 9, 10, 11 and 12 applications to be run in exclusive fullscreen mode in order to function correctly

Labels (1)
Comments

Thanks, I've corrected the link.

My monitor Samsung U28E590D is under supported devices list and refresh rate is 60hz (Radeon 280 card). Crimson drivers state that AMD FreeSync is not supported. Under display OSD settings freesync has been turned on … this worked with preCrimson drivers. Do you have any plans for fixing this?

When you change drivers, you may need to re-enable Freesync.  Do you have any plans of doing this?  If you still can't get it to work, roll back to your drivers that do support it with your hardware, and report the issue.

i have the monitor g2460vq6 with radeon msi gaming r9 270x connected by diplay port 1.2 enable, this GPU support freesync?

in the radeon software only show "not support freesync)

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎11-10-2015 03:02 AM
Updated by:

Contributors