cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

PTrain17
Adept I

Rx 6800 FPS drop and stuttering warzone

Since beginning of June my FPS dropped significantly in warzone. I went from a silky smooth steady 145+ on high/ultra 1080p settings to 100ish with a hard stutter every 7-10 seconds. I’ve followed 5-6 different settings videos on YouTube and tried almost every potential fix I could find, including vertical sync, setting a standby list purge, toggling diff settings on and off, editing adv.options, game mode on/off,  power plan, and so much more. I’ve rolled back my gpu drivers to 4 different versions using ddu and saw a tiny bit of stability increase using the 21.1.1, but it’s still stuttering. I’ve updated bios, intel drivers, and run every windows update. I’ve reinstalled warzone 3 times. My next steps are to swap in my backup ram and see if there’s any difference. Failing that I’ll likely format and start with a fresh windows install. Is it possible my cpu is bottlenecking my gpu? I get 95-100% cpu usage when playing warzone, gpu usage gets up to 80-90ish percent.

My frame time is pretty consistent between 5-9. Using hwinfo I can see that my clock speeds are very consistent in game, 2350-2450 steady for hours on end. I have a slight overclock but the card runs really nice and cold, sub 50-55 degrees under load, hot spot no more than 60-63 under load.

I’m borrowing a friend’s extra 3070 this weekend to see if there’s any difference; that should hopefully confirm whether it’s the cpu, gpu, or just warzone being broken. Any feedback or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Update:

I tried the 3070 last night and it runs warzone flawlessly, 140ish FPS with zero stuttering. What’s going on? The 3070 is technically an inferior card, so is this an amd drivers issue? Or is the 6800 just too powerful for my cpu?

Definitely need some assistance here

Cheers,

Peter

My system:

I7 9700

Rx 6800

16gb crucial ballistix ram 3200mhz

500gb NVMe (windows and warzone installed here)

1 tb Seagate hdd

Asus 165hz 0.5ms monitor

I’ve run multiple benchmarks and according to timespy yesterday my system out benches similar i9 9900k 2080ti builds by several thousand points. I just really wish it would perform that way.

0 Likes
1 Solution

So after months of trying literally everything, I fixed my problem. I did a couple things but what I think actually solved it was something I’ve checked and passed over many times, making the wrong adjustments. First off, I bought a gpu (2070 super) for my alternate pc and tried that out and was disappointed to see that it had the same low FPS and stuttering. At first i was mad, but then happy because I realized my gpu likely wasn’t the problem. I went over all my equipment with a fine toothed comb, switched out my ram, benchmarked my cpu multiple times and ran many stress tests to see where the problem could be. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Willing to try anything now, I copied my call of duty directory and moved it from my nvme drive to my hdd. In the process I also went into documents and deleted the adv.options file for call of duty. I launched the game and to my surprise, 130 FPS with no stuttering. I was shocked. I then followed a YouTube tweaking guide to get Max performance from this inferior nvidia card and then launched the game and voila, low FPS and stuttering again. Eventually I realized I was making incorrect adjustments to my adv.options file as instructed by the tweaking videos on youtube.. I have an i7 9700 with 8 cores. I was adjusting my rendererworkercount to 8 based on the tweaking videos I watched - turns out this is wrong for my set up. Secondly I learned I need to set memoryvideoscale lower (anywhere around 0.5-0.6) because the gpu has 16gb of vram and warzone uses maybe 4-6gb even on max settings, this was contributing to the stuttering. I set my worker count down to 5 (from and my memscale down to 0.5 For my 6800 ( 0.9 for my 2070 super) and it worked! Then I switched back to my 6800 and it’s working smooth as butter. Turns out the wrong values in that one document were  causing all my problems. Seems like dedicating all 8 cores to warzone meant a shortage of processing power for other applications hence the dip on FPS and stuttering.

This worked for me, hopefilly it helps others in some way, Let me know if I can help

View solution in original post

14 Replies
PTrain17
Adept I

So, very strange. I took the 3070 out this morning and put my 6800 in, updated to the latest 21.5.2 and... 150+ FPS with no stuttering... I am beyond confused.. 

0 Likes

How it helped me with the stuttering was to lock the frame to 140 cause I have a 144hz display, enabling Amd Freesync and disabling enhanced sync.

0 Likes

I tried this and unfortunately no difference 

0 Likes
feabud
Journeyman III

same situation here, i´m getting crazy.

ryzen 5 5600 x / rx 6800 sapphire and 16 gb ram

i tried everything and didn´t fix it.

did you solve it?

please help me guys

0 Likes

Still no resolution, I’ve tried so many things. I’m currently in a back and forth with amd tech support and the most recent suggestion they gave was to reinstall windows, re-seat the gpu and reset my cmos settings. All of which I did and it didn’t make a difference. I’m currently waiting for their response. Let me know if you find anything that helps 

0 Likes

Disable all functions of AMD adrenaline, in the video card section. Some of them does not work well(it seems to be anti-lag). You can register the additional command-line arguments-d3d11 check mark in the game settings in battle net. And reset the settings of the driver and the draver cache.

0 Likes

Are the problems observed immediately? Or after some time, 30 minutes, 1 hour? Usually, the starters appear when the RAM is full in the task manager=> performance =>memory=> memory structure=>)Used, modified, reserved, free). During the game, at least 2 GB or more should be free, if it shows that 100 mb + is free, then you need to release it through the ISLC utility.

0 Likes

thanks bro.

i tried but still stuttering =(

0 Likes

If there are no problems in other games, then the problem is in the game itself, especially since they write that after the updates of Coldwar Season, and with each new update it gets worse and worse. Try to change the graphics settings in the game and test them.

0 Likes

If there are no problems in other games, then the problem is in the game itself, especially since they write that after the updates of Coldwar Season, and with each new update it gets worse and worse. Try to change the graphics settings in the game and test them. And also go to my documents of the pack with the game Call of Duty warfare=> players, the config file and move it somewhere else(you can on the desktop) then delete it from this folder, then start the game and do restart shaders installation, wait for the end, exit the game and go back to the game set up the graphics and play)

0 Likes

So after months of trying literally everything, I fixed my problem. I did a couple things but what I think actually solved it was something I’ve checked and passed over many times, making the wrong adjustments. First off, I bought a gpu (2070 super) for my alternate pc and tried that out and was disappointed to see that it had the same low FPS and stuttering. At first i was mad, but then happy because I realized my gpu likely wasn’t the problem. I went over all my equipment with a fine toothed comb, switched out my ram, benchmarked my cpu multiple times and ran many stress tests to see where the problem could be. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Willing to try anything now, I copied my call of duty directory and moved it from my nvme drive to my hdd. In the process I also went into documents and deleted the adv.options file for call of duty. I launched the game and to my surprise, 130 FPS with no stuttering. I was shocked. I then followed a YouTube tweaking guide to get Max performance from this inferior nvidia card and then launched the game and voila, low FPS and stuttering again. Eventually I realized I was making incorrect adjustments to my adv.options file as instructed by the tweaking videos on youtube.. I have an i7 9700 with 8 cores. I was adjusting my rendererworkercount to 8 based on the tweaking videos I watched - turns out this is wrong for my set up. Secondly I learned I need to set memoryvideoscale lower (anywhere around 0.5-0.6) because the gpu has 16gb of vram and warzone uses maybe 4-6gb even on max settings, this was contributing to the stuttering. I set my worker count down to 5 (from and my memscale down to 0.5 For my 6800 ( 0.9 for my 2070 super) and it worked! Then I switched back to my 6800 and it’s working smooth as butter. Turns out the wrong values in that one document were  causing all my problems. Seems like dedicating all 8 cores to warzone meant a shortage of processing power for other applications hence the dip on FPS and stuttering.

This worked for me, hopefilly it helps others in some way, Let me know if I can help

i tried set 0.5 and 4 rwc (ryzen 5 5600x) and still stuttering.

can you send me all the configs of radeon driver and game settings?

i´m still trying to fix it

0 Likes

Yes send me too please

0 Likes
Mikosima
Journeyman III

i have got  totaly same problem.    3700x + RX6800 and drop fps  there  where  GTX 1080 worked fine.   So i cant fix this?

0 Likes