Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

BuHan
Adept II

Rx 580 nitro+ Black Screen/game Crash/ pc restart

Jump to solution

Black screen, a lot.

from the beginning (sorry 4 bad english i'm from italy)

i've bought this rx580 nitro+ 8gb, and i used it in combo with an i7 7700 for 5 month, not a single problem, not a single crash, good performace and all of that beautiful things that i can only remember. then i sold that setup except for the rx580, and put the grapichs card in a new system with r5 3600 b450m aourus. since the first week i started to encounter in some weird black screen, so i followed a lot (and trust me) A LOT of forum and discussion, contacted amd support , sapphire support, but no one seems to have the answer, i've tried everything, starting from simple bios/driver/etc update ending to vBios Flashing(suggested by sapphire) and a lot A LOT MORE, still crashing every day, can't play a single game, can't render a single 3d animation, can't even browse the internet without a single crash/black screen, the crash it's totally random, don't know what to do, this card was working. dk do you guys know something that i can do? try to suggest i'm open to all. if it's difficult to explain and u don't have time contact me on discord

BuHan

Ryzen 5 3600
b450aourus m
rx580 nitro + 8gb
rm650 corsair gold plus
win 10

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BuHan
Adept II

Re: Rx 580 nitro+ Black Screen/game Crash/ pc restart

Jump to solution

Hi!

I ACTUALLY MANAGED TO FIX IT

so the most of the error was like "dx error" "grapichs driver error" etc..

So one day I was out of my mind, i took my pc to one of my friend house and tried to switch all the component, gpu no success, cpu no success, so was not the mobo either, hard disk mvme etc

i actually tried some ram test with no error BUT it was actually the ram! i switched the ram, we plugged in my friend pc and he started to crash with those black screen, so i replaced the ram and now it's all ok! i suggest to try and one piece at a time! hope i helped out!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
53 Replies
kiddo_ogami
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm from Italy too. I don't have your same exact issue. To me it happens just when I game.

What driver version are you using ?

Thanks

Ciao,

0 Kudos
BuHan
Adept II

Jump to solution

I'll type in English just for the other ppl to understend us, i'm using the lastest versione now, with the default v bios, but i've tryed a lot of them

To me the crashes are more frequent when i play, but the pc can crash even when i'm doing nothing

0 Kudos
kiddo_ogami
Adept II

Jump to solution

No OC on gpu or cpu ?

No  temperature issues ?

I have not implemented any OC and I don't have any temperature issue. Also nothing in the system event log.

I guess it's an hardware issue. DO you know if a specific HDMI cable is required ?

Are you using HDMI or DVI ?

I am just asking to isolate the issue and try to find a common pattern.

thanks

0 Kudos
BuHan
Adept II

Jump to solution

To reply

no oc, no temp issues, using generic hdmi and a generic display port

0 Kudos
kiddo_ogami
Adept II

Jump to solution

Did you try to use a DVI cable ?

0 Kudos
BuHan
Adept II

Jump to solution

on my rx580 i don't have a dvi output, can i ask your spec? and when for the first time you experienced the crash/black screen?

0 Kudos
kiddo_ogami
Adept II

Jump to solution

I have a RX 570 8Gb, and my card sports a DVI connector. Are you sure to not have a DVI connector ? You r card should have one.

As I have a similar issue, I wanted to check if we could compare our issues and find a common cause.

I have not yet tried to use a DVI cable, but on some forum I found that in some case this should solve the issue.

It's worth a try 😉

0 Kudos
BuHan
Adept II

Jump to solution

Yes try, but it will not work for me because i don't have a dvi output, i'm litteraly getting crazy cause of this crash, think i'll wait for some other suggets, if u know something i can try le me know

0 Kudos
kiddo_ogami
Adept II

Jump to solution

I will try 2 things:

• Replace my HDMI cable with a brand new type 2.1
  • Try with DVI

I will let you know as soon as I will have completed my tests.

Have a nice evening, and thanks for help.

0 Kudos