cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

plumboby
Miniboss

Re: rx 580 drops signal to monitor

Check you display cables HDMI dvi cables deteriate had this issue with mine & switched my cable & problem went away. Another is check your PSU they dont last i replace PSU every 2-3 years are the quality to quanitity these days are crap even the good brands dont last. Had a good PSU die within 18 months & cables just dont last either. 9/10 its not the drivers its the display port or cables as i been finding lately. Sounds stupid but an over looked item missed. Trust me been here done that & solved a few on these forums already. Nothing lasts these days its y i replace PSU in 2-3 years cylces & replace cables every 3-6 months.

0 Likes
ctdemonet
Journeyman III

I am using a brand new PSU. Everything in my system I got in November 2017 (so just barely 3 months old). My original RX 580 "caught fire" according to the tech support guy after going through an RMA. I also replaced my PSU because they originally thought that was the issue. So I have a brand new PSU and GFX.

As for the display port and cables, this could be an issue. However, I experienced 0 issues in the past with the exact same cable, monitor, just overall setup. It is possible there could be an issue but just seems so unlikely because I everything was working fine. Unfortunately, I don't have a second monitor or other cables to test out.

Again, I just have problems with one particular game that I play. 99% of the time, there are no issues. Unfortunately, it is basically the one game I play so I notice it every time.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Cable i am suspecting they do that to if the hdmi or dvi cable gets worn certain games will do it.

0 Likes
ctdemonet
Journeyman III

I still have this problem. Despite upgrading to latest drivers, using DDU utility, communicating with AMD Global Tech support.

It only happens during this one f***ing game and it drives me nuts. Why did I spend all this money for a graphics card that can't play basically the one game I regularly play??

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

check your bios settings & global game settings in your radeon panel might be a setting or timer turned on or off doing it.  Sounds silly but may be an overlooked issue, in the gloabal games folder for that game or a bios setting or OS kicking it to sleep mode. Turn off an ny power savings link state in bios & OS disable any form of power savings & bump your radeon settings to high preformance turn off free sync & dropping settings back a notch or 2 about medium give it a shot. If it works then gradually wind it up to suit. Even check in wattman that the voltage settings havnt bumped back throttling the card if in doublt give it some more juice could be wattman built in feature thermally or throttling it by not enough juice as I suspect.

pokester
MVP

Try park control free. It's custom power state is like the one from Windows 7 and may give you the stability you need. It is what a difference for me on my RX 580. It's free to try and easily uninstalled if it doesn't help you.

0 Likes
ctdemonet
Journeyman III

How do you use this? I have an i5-8600K

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

you just install it and allow it to set it's default power profile. You can verify by going to the tray icon it installs or go to the power settings through windows either way. It's really pretty much a set it and forget it thing.

0 Likes
ctdemonet
Journeyman III

I think messing around with WattMan settings really did the trick. I made a profile that has higher fan speeds, increased GPU Mhz with increased voltage, and lowered the temp for the fans to start running as well as increased power limit by 50% (max it allows me to do). Since setting this profile up and having it enabled whenever I play SWVF2, I have only experienced one very minor stutter. 

I still haven't had a chance to test a different cable or monitor but I strongly suspect neither of those are the issue. I appreciate plumboby for the suggestion

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

sweet good to know you have taken my advise happy to see your build running happier. Happy to try & hel

0 Likes