cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

R9 270x memory diagnostics

I got a R9 270x that was showing vertical corruption lines on the screen, now for some reason they dissapeared and drivers started to work, but games still crash. Yes I made sure to update drivers and I tried different GPU.

What I want to know is how can I test the vram and how to find the faulty chip as in this condition, the card is usseles.

Any advise is welcome.

0 Likes
4 Replies

I also noticed when I underclock the memory while idling, it starts arteffecting and when I enter the game (while arteffecting), the arteffects are gone, the game doesn't crash and it runs completely fine, no crashes for 3 hours.

The card in question: https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-R927XOC-2GD#ov

0 Likes

I used OCCT to stress the memory and It passed no issues, but games (APEX) crashes saying the engine stopped because of poorly executed requests sent by the game

0 Likes
borno
Journeyman III

Did you somehow manage to fix it? I'm trying to run apex but I keep getting the same error.

0 Likes

Does your GPU crash only in APEX or is it performing the same as mine did, I did menage to fix mine and it is running fine now, I wouldn't reccomend you to do the same thing if you have only one game crashing, try to reinstall the game and verify file integrity. Also test your HDD because I had a dying Hitachi drive that kept causing APEX to crash.

0 Likes