cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

christian908
Journeyman III

No display to monitor via HDMI when plugged into graphics card, (Works with motherboard however.)

Hi all.

Recently I updated my driver, and at first it was working fabulously. Everything went well, it installed without error, etc. There was a minor graphic glitch involving the task bar however, which prompted me to restart my system. After doing so, I got a blank screen afterwards. I know It booted because after waiting a short while I heard a notification sound through my speakers. I swapped out the HDMI cord to my motherboard and sure enough it works fine, crystal clear image. I checked Device manager and my settings and as far as I can tell the Graphics card is still enabled.

This issue isn't *too* bad since I can still do work and desktop tasks. But I certainly won't be playing anything until I get access to my dedicated card. I'm sure this is a software issue, as it was working fine just minutes before updating and restarting.

Here's my specs.

CPU: AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7

GPU: radeon r7 360

Software:

Adrenalin 2019, 18.12.2

Thanks in advance for any advice, and your time.

0 Likes
1 Solution
christian908
Journeyman III

Secondary heads up, when I follow these steps:

"

1 - Open Device Manager. Right click in the Start Menu Button (The windows logo in the bottom left of the screen, YES you can right click it in Windows 10), and select Device manager.

2 - Find the Graphics Drivers

3 - Right click in the Graphic Driver (If your laptop has an integrated card you have to right click that one) and select Update driver

4 - Select the bottom option, for Search drivers in your PC

5 - Select the bottom option again, for Search from a list

6 - Select a different version from the one you already have. If you have an integrated card, you need to select the older versions.

7 - Click Next, wait for it to update the drivers, the screen will flicker for a while."

And then swap to my card it works! However the problem will immediately come back upon restarting my PC. Hopefully that helps? Eh? Please?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
christian908
Journeyman III

Secondary heads up, when I follow these steps:

"

1 - Open Device Manager. Right click in the Start Menu Button (The windows logo in the bottom left of the screen, YES you can right click it in Windows 10), and select Device manager.

2 - Find the Graphics Drivers

3 - Right click in the Graphic Driver (If your laptop has an integrated card you have to right click that one) and select Update driver

4 - Select the bottom option, for Search drivers in your PC

5 - Select the bottom option again, for Search from a list

6 - Select a different version from the one you already have. If you have an integrated card, you need to select the older versions.

7 - Click Next, wait for it to update the drivers, the screen will flicker for a while."

And then swap to my card it works! However the problem will immediately come back upon restarting my PC. Hopefully that helps? Eh? Please?

0 Likes