Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

moozer
Adept I

Multiple display not working Ryzen 5 2400G - help please

Hi all

I have a Ryzen 5 2400G setup on an ASRock B450M pro 4 Motherboard, running Windows 10 with 8GB RAM. I have two issues that I would like help with.

ISSUE 1

Using the ASRock provided driver disk, I can setup my VGA monitor and link my TV via HDMI - it works, however, I have to tweak the settings in Radeon settings for the VGA monitor to be clear (initial setup leaves VGA monitor with a pink cast over the screen and displayed is centred. I have to set the colour depth to 6bpc and set scaling mode to full panel. Everything is fine until I have to restart the PC - it resets the Radeon settings and I have to go through it all again.

ISSUE 2

If I update to latest display driver, I have no VGA output at all. ONLY HDMI will work (VGA and DVI-I outputs are not working).

What can I do?

0 Likes
7 Replies

The AMD specs only list support for hdmi & displayport.

Check with asrock support (or the mobo manual).

You may have to run an adaptor for the vga monitor.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Both VGA and HDMI work using ASRock's provided driver only so there must have been support via AMD at some point for this board. How can this be accounted for?

0 Likes

Contact amd support https://support.amd.com/en-us/contact/email-form

This post might also be worth a read Why no output on VGA monitor with Ryzen 2200G/ASUS PRIME A320 M-K?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Got it! Now set my VGA output to the TV and HDMI to the monitor. Both screens perfect. That article you linked to was spot on - thank you. Basically it said to set the VGA as your secondary output.

Still won't be able to use the latest GPU drivers from AMD though and it is clear that my issue is a software one and not a hardware one. Very annoying particularly as the mobo is a current one

Not ideal as I have the audio outputs to a 5.1 speaker setup which link to my monitor. The HDMI setup to the TV was for watching films. I'll now need to have an audio cable from the PC to the TV now! Grr!

OR???

Would an HDMI splitter be worth it? That would be an option so I could have latest driver support from AMD.

0 Likes

Can't help you with splitter/adaptor advice, never used them.

Thanks for taking the time to help - really appreciated.

A Happy New Year!

moozer
Adept I

Hi

I got mine sorted now, but only by purchasing a HDMI splitter. Basically a splitter from the PC to the 2 displays. I have now updated my AMD Radeon drivers to latest and have a better experience in games without the above issues.

0 Likes