cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

elitegenius
Journeyman III

Apex Legends Random Frame Drops/Lag while Watching Twitch on Second Monitor

So, just coming from NVIDIA, and everything else is working beautifully.

System Specs:

- i7-9700K
- 32 GB 2133Mhz DDR4
- AMD RX6800
- Gigabyte Z370XP-SLI/Crossfire Motherboard

My issue is that if I'm playing Apex Legends, and watching a twitch stream on my second monitor at the same time, it feels as though periodically and randomly the frames will just drop below 60fps.

Not quite sure what's going on here, as I never noticed any such issues before switching over to AMD. I do notice CPU usage at 100% with both the stream and Apex running, but it's weird that I never noticed any frame stuttering beforehand. Even weirder is that I notice the reported frames never dipping, either in-game, using AMD Software's metrics tab, or even using my monitor's built-in FPS reporter.

I have all Monitors with FreeSync, my primary monitor is 2K@165Hz, secondary monitor is 4K@60Hz, and a third portrait monitor is 1080p@75Hz. Very hodge-podge I know, but it's what I have.

I tried turning on GPU scaling on all monitors, and turning on Anti-Lag and Enhanced Sync to see if that might fix some issues, but to no avail. I also have Image Sharpening and Color Correction turned on. (I have slight Deuteranopia, so discovering this feature is now an absolute must-have for me.) I also reinstalled my drivers, and also thought to uninstall the old Nvidia Drivers.

Tips?

0 Likes
0 Replies