Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

maazaowski
Adept I

AMD Radeon rx 640 not detecting?

Hello everyone!

I have a Lenovo E15 laptop with i7 10th Gen and AMD Radeon rx 640.

When I go to Device Manager, it shows under Display Adapters that AMD Radeon RX 640 drivers are installed and updated. However, when I go to dxdiag, it doesn't detect AMD graphic card. Instead, it detects Microsoft Basic Display Driver.

Moreover, when I go to taskbar to check the GPU utilization, it detects Radeon RX 640 but shows 0% utilization.

Do I even have AMD Radeon installed in my laptop? If you guys can guide me, I will highly appreciate it.

P.S. I didn't buy the laptop, it was given to me as a gift.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I don't believe your issue is with the AMD GPU card but rather with the Intel Integrated Graphics.You don't seem to have any Intel Graphics driver installed.

In Device Manager it is showing your AMD GPU driver properly installed but it isn't showing your Intel Integrated Graphics:

In DXDIAG for your Intel Graphics is it showing MS Basic Display Adapter instead of Intel Integrated Graphics:

\

I highly suggest you go to Lenovo Support for your laptop download page and download Intel Graphics and CHIPSET and update your laptop's BIOS if it isn't the latest.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

This is a common problem

20.7.1 is the current driver, download it from amd.com and see if that detects your discrete graphics chip

0 Likes

Currently I have 20.4.2, which is the recommended one from the AMD website.

Initially, I installed 20.7.1 and it was not detecting. Later, I uninstalled the drivers and software through Device Manager and then installed 20.4.2 but the issue still existed

0 Likes

I don't believe your issue is with the AMD GPU card but rather with the Intel Integrated Graphics.You don't seem to have any Intel Graphics driver installed.

In Device Manager it is showing your AMD GPU driver properly installed but it isn't showing your Intel Integrated Graphics:

In DXDIAG for your Intel Graphics is it showing MS Basic Display Adapter instead of Intel Integrated Graphics:

\

I highly suggest you go to Lenovo Support for your laptop download page and download Intel Graphics and CHIPSET and update your laptop's BIOS if it isn't the latest.

Thankyou soo much!
I downloaded and installed Lenovo update tool and ran it. It installed a lot of drivers, including Intel UHD Graphics, after which dxdiag was able to detect my GPU and I could play Warzone in medium settings.

Thank you!

maazaowski wrote:

Currently I have 20.4.2, which is the recommended one from the AMD website.

Initially, I installed 20.7.1 and it was not detecting. Later, I uninstalled the drivers and software through Device Manager and then installed 20.4.2 but the issue still existed

have you tried the lenovo update tool?

0 Likes