cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Kafungalung2137
Journeyman III

AMD GPU driver not installing/loading properly.

I just put together a PC (first time actually), and every other time I've installed drivers for anything it has worked flawlessly, including drivers for my MSI motherboard, but now I'm attempting to install drivers for my GPU and it has told me that the driver failed to load on my system. tried a lot so far but have gotten nowhere... HELP!

The first error message I've gotten is one from the software installer about the driver failing to load; "We detected the display driver was not able to load". Another I've gotten is from attempting to start the Radeon software app; "There is no AMD driver installed or it is not working properly".

I have tried to update everything including Windows 10. I've used DDU to uninstall everything AMD then reinstalled it. I've done a clean install of Windows 10, and also uninstalled the GPU fully just to see if I could "reset" it. I believe it could've been windows starting up for the first time on this PC and maybe corrupting something for good... the GPU was used but I don't believe it's defective, could be wrong.

GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 8G OC Edition

Motherboard: MSI B4540 Tomahawk Max II

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core

I love AMD already so I'm not gonna give up on the GPU just yet. Hopefully there's a fix.

0 Likes
0 Replies