cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

rossi94
Adept I

6900XT Green-Screen crashes

I'm running a XFX x EKWB Radeon RX 6900XT Speedster Merc Zero WB, with a 5800X on a 750W BeQuiet Straight Power 11 power supply.

After a adrenalin driver update a few months ago my PC just started to crash with green screens at random times.

Things I've done trying to fix it:

- run no pbo / jedec specs

- check all temps (it's in a waterloop with a Mo-Ra 360, so it's never warmer than 50°C)

- run fast timings (someone recommended that)

- upgrade to a newer stable agesa (1.2.0.5)

- disable low c states in uefi

- limit minimum gpu clock to 5% (I felt like the crashes occur on low power states). 

- reinstall gpu driver with ddu

Nothing helped. What can I do? 

10 Replies

Hello, did you checked your cable (HDMI/DP)?

When the crash occurs, did you checked the event logs from windows?

rossi94_0-1662468313766.png

Yes, it doesn't give much information. How would a DP cable freezy my whole system? If my cursor is on my second screen I can't move it anymore after a few seconds.

0 Likes

well, with that new information about you having a second monitor i think thats despite the cable. Can you share the same log above but on Friendly view and not XML view ?

0 Likes

another question is, do you have the same error only with 1 monitor?

0 Likes

Yes, it's happeneing only on my main screen (240Hz 2560x1440). (The green output.) It still freezes the whole system.

0 Likes
rossi94
Adept I

rossi94_0-1662550121908.png

0 Likes
rossi94
Adept I

I checked the logs again. And it always shoes ThreadId 8. I think it's the cpu. I opened an RMA request.

0 Likes

Hey did you solve your problem? I believe i am having a similar issue. I am testing something at the moment. I don't think it the cpu but need more info and test since i think my stuff stay open in the back.

0 Likes

Go back to 22.5.1 there nothing wrong with your GPU there more people reporting black screens or grey screens etc, the video decoder is broken with hardware acceleration.

I personally can trigger it under 2 minutes with specific conditions that do not trigger at all on 22.5.1

0 Likes

I needed to go back further. But it is definitely the driver. Now I don't have green screens anymore ...

How can it be that all the drivers in the last 6 months just provoke crashes.

0 Likes