cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

apestkung
Journeyman III

5700xt crash and black screen when adjust fan speed

5700xt crash when adjust fan speed in afterburner or amd adrenalin software and debug code show 08

If I DO NOT modify and setting. The System has not crashed and black screen.

Does anyone else have this problem?

My spec

Ryzen 7 2700x

Crosshair VII Hero Bios 2304

Ram 32GB

PSU 750w

Windows 10 1903

All Lasted Driver

42 Replies
m1adam
Adept II

Re: 5700xt crash and black screen when adjust fan speed

yea exact issue from my side also adjust fan curve also will crash the driver

topherjohnmayor
Journeyman III

This occurs for me as well when using MSI Command Center to Adjust Fan speeds!

Spec:

3700x

b450 tomahawk (latest bios as of 7/11/19) v18 i think

16gb 3200 cl14 RAM

Win 10 1903

pokester
MVP

There are numerous threads with issues on these cards on these forums already. I would search them and watch for relevant help. You did not mention who's card you bought, but I would talk to support from whoever made that card. It should not be doing that.

0 Likes
goodplay
MVP

Afterburner has not yet been updated for the new cards, uninstall it as there may be conflicts.

Is code 08 the mobo 'Q' code, what does the error refer to.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Likes
m1adam
Adept II

I adjust the fan curve speed in wattman, it crashes also when ever it wants to

exekverad
Adept II

I can confirm, this is happening to my brand new Vega64 from MSI, OC edition. It doesn't happen if I downgrade to stable version though, only happens on optional/beta. It is specifically connected to one of the meters. It's been the last (typically the one I use at 65c) and now on the latest release of Radeon drivers it's the next to last. 

Restarting the driver host process and GUI and restarting it sometimes allow me to fiddle with custom fan speeds even when this issue, it seems to act like it was afflicted by diminishing returns. 

The third time's a charm! 

I wouldn't worry about specific cards or mistreatment causing it. I am a professional custom computer repair/retail technician and there's just no reason to open this door, if this never happens to anyone else ever again, that's when I would open that door. 

Hope for some help soon too

overclock3r
Adept I

All the cards are the same. They are all manufactured by AMD and sold to third party vendors. There are no AIB partner cards. Whether they are MSI, Gigabyte, Aus, saphhire, xfx ect.. there will be no difference. This is a issues with the driver. It seems like monitoring tools like MSI afterburner/wattman cause the card to crash which is terrible since you need them to control the fans.

m1adam
Adept II

I removed msi afterburner, adjusted fan curve using wattman still get crashes 

m1adam
Adept II

this 19.7.1 driver is really screwed up or its the hardware issue of the 5700xt