Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

bigbangparty
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

5700 XT HDMI not working

Hello,

I received my new GC yesterday (the Strix 5700XT), but I have a big problem with it. The HDMI port doesn't seem to be working so I can't plus my second screen. The Display Ports work so no problem for my main screen.

I tried several screens, several cables, adapters, but nothing works with the HDMI.

I did a clean driver install with DDU twice, and nothing.

Everything works perfectly with my old graphics card (R9 280X).

Am I missing something here? I found a few posts about the same problem between here and AMD community page, but nothing gives me a solution, anything can help.

Here is my config :

MB: Strix B350 F

CPU : Ryzen 5 2600X

RAM : Corsair 16gb 3000mhz

PSU : Corsair VS650

Tags (2)
18 Replies
criamulus
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: 5700 XT HDMI not working

I have the same problem. It works fine with DP to my monitor, but HDMI output has 'no display'. It detects the second display in windows and I can choose resolution etc, but NO DISPLAY on my Samsung 4K TV, can't seem to get it working whatever I try. I used the same HDMI 2.0 cable successfully to the same TV on my old GTX 1060 video card.

0 Kudos
ninjachop
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Having issues with HDMI as well with my Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse.

Using a 1080p Hitachi TV, model L22VG07U.  I see the BIOS screen on first boot, but if I restart without first turning the monitor and PC off I get no signal during reboot until the Window 10 logon screen shows up.

Windows will only allow me a resolution of 640x480 on the desktop.  I had to use a utility called CRU(Custom Resolution Utility) to finally get a 1080p desktop.  My previous Sapphire 480 Nitro worked fine, but I have a feeling there is a bug in BIOS with regards to connecting to monitors on the 5700 series of cards.

I tried it out on a very on old HDMI only monitor and it works, but the 5700 cards don't seem to play well with monitors/TVs with a variety of connections options.

I have tried various HDMI cables

bigbangparty
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

It's not an isolated problem then. Why don't I see any info from AMD ?

mikki79
Adept I
Adept I

I just got a Red Dragon 5700 XT, and my HDMI port doesn't work properly either. It "works" but the graphics is totally messed up and full of artifacts, vertical stripes and everything is a red hue. With display port it looks fine. Problem is I have several old displays that don't have any display port.

Seems like the HDMI port is just there for show. More or less.

criamulus
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Mine now works. Hdmi cable was broken. Oops.

sibamd
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have a similar issue with my Gigabyte 5700XT and ASUS VX24AH monitor, and a Gigabyte X570 motherboard. I have also tried a Benq monitor and it has the same problem. Mine is out of range until the windows log on screen appears. I can't see my BIOS screen or my bitlocker password entry screen. I have to enter my password blindly to be able to load windows. I have contacted Gigabyte support and after 2 weeks when they finally replied their reply was useless "send it back to your supplier for further analysis". It seems that the graphics card can't drive a monitor through the HDMI cable until windows loads. I have plugged in my son's AOC monitor that has a display port connection and it works fine. I can see my BIOS and bitlocker screens as normal with that. Unfortunately my ASUS monitor doesn't have display port, only HDMI. . My old graphics card works fine through HDMI. It's a problem with the 5700 series graphics cards. Gigabyte doesn't want to know about it. How about other manufacturers?

0 Kudos
semperwhy
Adept I
Adept I

I have 3 HDMI only monitors connected to a PowerColor 5700XT. Two are running DP->HDMI adapters and appear to be working fine. The one monitor running the native HDMI connection is stuck at 640x480. Windows will not allow me to select any other resolution for it.

Unfortunately, the DP->HDMI adapters are $35 each. 

saberslash12345
Adept I
Adept I

Hello guys, also experiencing HDMI not working on XFX Reference 5700XT. I tried several hdmi cables, both 1.4 and 2.0 4k@60, on 3 different monitors(AOC), no signal from HDMI. Tried GPU in x8 PCI-e port, does not work either.

All 3 DP works fine, after I installed drivers(without drivers only 1 DP works), so I guess it is maybe driver bug, more than a faulty HDMI port?

Any adivces? 

Ty

sibamd
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

UPDATE: I had several responses from Gigabyte and they were never able to offer a solution and eventually told me to return the card under warranty. I got a full refund from my retailer and bought a 2070 super. I can only assume the HDMI issues are  known problem with no solution at this time. 

0 Kudos