cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

chibobs
Journeyman III

The problem with amd radeon hd 7870 sapphire

here was a problem installing the driver on the amd radeon hd 7870 sapphire video card. During the automatic installation of amd drivers. After restarting the PC, a black screen hangs. Going through safe mode, I saw that in the device manager in the "Video adapters" section, my video card is displayed as "Amd Radeon HD 7800 series". No matter how I delete this driver, the system still installs it incorrectly. Tell me what the problem is.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Likely you need to run DDU from safe mode, from wagnardsoft_com. Follow the directions.

Disconnect from the internet. (this keeps Windows Update from screwing up your install, likely what is happening to you)

Restart with internet off, and install the driver.

Then restart with internet back on.

If that doesn't do it, you gave very little information for anyone to help, please supply the following for further assistance:

When posting a new question, please provide as much detail as possible describing your issue making sure to include the relevant hardware and software configuration.

For example:

• Issue Description: [Describe your issue in detail here]
  • Hardware: [Describe the make and model of your: Graphics Card, CPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU, Display(s), etc.]
  • Software: [Describe version or release date of your: Operating System, Game/Application, Drivers, etc.]

The problem did not dare. Is it possible that after overheating the video card, it began to show a black screen? If so, you can close the discussion.

0 Likes

Yes I do think that is possible. Many have reported this issue. I had the same problem with my R9 series and HD 7xxx series cards myself. I fortunately didn't try it over and over and keep getting black screens. I went straight to DDU in safe mode and returned to a driver that I knew worked. As it turned out later, and I don't know if one or the other is completely to blame, as I said you can run the old driver without issue, the newer drivers however when installing seem to get interfered with by Windows Update. If you disconnect the internet they install fine. Many have complained that after black screening the cards never work right again and they end up replacing the cards. I absolutely think the drive or lack there of it properly loading, causes the issue. I have seen it on 3 cards I own personally. So I don't believe it's coincidence. Hopefully your card is still fine and you can get the new driver loaded or return to an older one that previously worked for you.