cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Nevaduck
Journeyman III

RX6800xt Black screen/pc stays running but the sound buzzes and the monitors are unresponsive

AMD Black Screen: I mostly play WOW, while using discord and chrome for music but my pc can only handle about 1-2 hours of game play then it will shut down. Some times there will be a loud buzz for a few seconds coming from my speakers. When the Monitors go black, the fans on my pc stay on and lit up. I have to hard restart the system with the power button. The pc will then only give me 5-10 min of game time before repeating the issue.

I have found a solid work around in the Adrenalin software: Performance>tuning and lowering my max Frequency to 1200 and voltage to 950. if I keep this profile I do not have any problems-

Do I have to live with the work around or does anyone know of a way to fix the issue?

Things I have tried:

• Upgraded my PSU to a 1600 Wat EVGA Supernova (found a good deal on it new)
  • DDU'd the drivers and re-sinstalled without the gaming presets
  • Fresh install of windows
  • Tried turning off Acceleration on chrome, brave, discord and any other open applications

Hardware: AMD R9 3900xt, Gigabyte RX6800XT, Western digital 2tb nvme, Windows 10, Plenty of cooling in my case.

0 Likes
0 Replies