Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Aspect12
Adept I

Rx 7700 Xt Crashing

Hello,

I just bought a Rx 7700 Xt but the card , i think , its crashing all the time. It gives me black screen and timeouts.

I've tested it in F1 23 With high 1080p setting. I've also played World of Warcaraft and League of legends but did not encounter the problem.

I ran a furmark test for 5 Minutes and nothing happend , ran smoothly without surpasing 60 degree Celsisus. The furmark was set to 1080p.

I've unisntalled the drivers with ddu in safe mode and then reinstalled the drivers.

My hardware is:

Mb: Asus Rog Strix B560 - A
Cpu: I7 10700 kf
Gpu: Rx 7700 Xt
Psu: 850w gold full modular.

Kindly assist

1 Solution
Aspect12
Adept I

So guys,

I've send the card under warranty and they change it.

It had a "Power module issue".

The new card is working as intended, without any problem

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Aspect12
Adept I

So

I've tested Call of Duty Mw2 and the gpu is still crashing after 5-10 minutes of gameplay.

0 Likes

So have u fixed that? And if yes, than how?

0 Likes
radu1006
Adept III

If you are on the 24.1.1 drivers just uninstall them and use 23.12.1.

The latest drivers are pretty bad and known to cause crashes and freezes.

0 Likes
Aspect12
Adept I

So guys,

I've send the card under warranty and they change it.

It had a "Power module issue".

The new card is working as intended, without any problem

0 Likes
Mitchel78
Adept I

what is a power module issue, i had 2 different 7800 xt´s the last month an crashes over chrashes, i could not solve it, and im not a novice in computer building. so this "issue" must be widly spread between the board partners then. or is it a error by design, faulty parts ?? whats the official statement from amd on this ??

0 Likes
Aspect12
Adept I

Thats what i got from amd sadly. I think its related to the 2 8 pin connectors. But i have my doubds about that because when i stress tested the video card , it draw 100% power , 240W without crashing.

0 Likes