cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Teleport
Journeyman III

RX 6400 (Low Profile) - Over-scan Resetting & Sound Continually Dropping Out When Connected to HDTV.

This is my first experience with an AMD graphics card, and I have to say I'm not impressed.

Card in question is a XFX SPEEDSTER SWFT105 RADEON RX 6400 Gaming Graphics Card with 4GB GDDR6, AMD RDNA™ 2.

It may possibly work OK with a dedicated monitor, but I'm using this as a home theatre/gaming/emulation PC, connected to a HDTV, via the HDMI.

Having adjusted for the over-scan via the HDMI scaling setting of AMD's Adrenaline software, this keeps resetting every time I leave Steam or Kodi, shifting the screen out of position until I reboot. Very aggravating! Also the HDMI audio keeps cutting out.

My TV is quite old, so can't correct for over-scan itself. I also have the latest AMD drivers.

I've wasted many hours of my life, trying everything Google has suggested, and more, to try and resolve this, until eventually switching over to onboard Intel graphics card of the PC... which completely removed both these issues! The over-scan correction is also much more easily implemented in Intel's graphics command centre too.

So for now I continue to with display connection via the onboard Intel graphics, with the RX 6400 configured just as a graphics processor in Windows.
As I don't feel this is as effective, because the card isn't outputting directly to the display, I plan to now sell the card and buy an Nvidia.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Teleport
Journeyman III

Update - 11/08/2023

I am now using a GT 1030.

Though not as powerful unfortunately, it works flawlessly, with none of the issues reported above.

0 Likes