cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

johnnieb
Adept I

Radeon 6800 prevents sleep

I got PowerColor RX6800 for my Asus B650-plus mobo with Ryzen 7950X.

Since I've added the card the system is unable to suspend properly - it goes to sleep and wakes up right away, tested on both Linux and Windows with same behavior. 

No such problem with mobo integrated graphics.

Any advices? 

1 Solution
johnnieb
Adept I

Don't bother with this card, I've changed it for Asus TUF RX 6800 XT and problem was resolved instantly. I spent a lot of time on this bs last few months, read my other thread on the topic https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/amd-600-series/tuf-gaming-b650m-plus-wifi-insane-sleep-suspend-problem...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
G0bo
Adept I

Hey, I have the exact same issue for months now. I have the feeling the problem might be the powercolor 6800 vbios?

You could try and report this issue to Powercolor? I did but there was no answer to this problem.

Asus tuf gaming b650 plus AM5

Gskill G Skill, D532GB 6000-32 Ripjaws S5

Radeon 6800 Red Dragon powercolor

7700x Processor

Monitor:LG 27GL850 - Displayport

Solved: Graphic card prevents Windows 11 sleep mode - AMD Community

It's not really solved and I'm still waiting for the fix to come...

0 Likes
johnnieb
Adept I

Don't bother with this card, I've changed it for Asus TUF RX 6800 XT and problem was resolved instantly. I spent a lot of time on this bs last few months, read my other thread on the topic https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/amd-600-series/tuf-gaming-b650m-plus-wifi-insane-sleep-suspend-problem...

0 Likes
G0bo
Adept I

Yeah, it's going to be difficult to exchange cards because I have it like nearly 2 years? The sleep mode worked with my previous intel setup with the exact same Graphic card with the ASUS z390 TUF gaming board. I guess the latest AM5 ASUS boards have a compatibility problem with the powercolor 6800 or there's something wrong with the Graphic card integrated software?

0 Likes

No idea but as I stated on the other thread "Yeah but the same Radeon 6800 works (sleeps) just fine on my old PC X570 chipset with Ryzen 3700X." so it has to do something with the newer platform but anyway you may spend years on this and still have the issue (: 

Just sale it and get another one, I bought a second hand Asus TUF 6800 XT for 410 euro.

0 Likes
G0bo
Adept I

Hey, I just want to jump in and say that the sleep mode is working again. I don't know what cured it, but I think it's because of the latest BIOS update, "BIOS 2214.".

My PC with the same hardware went to sleep 3–4 times today without any issues. I can't give a 100% confirmation yet, but I'll let you guys know in a week.

Like I said, the Hardware is the same:

Asus tuf gaming b650 plus AM5

Gskill G Skill, D532GB 6000-32 Ripjaws S5

Radeon 6800 Red Dragon powercolor

7700x Processor

Monitor:LG 27GL850 - Displayport

0 Likes
G0bo
Adept I

Yeah, I think it's now fixed.

0 Likes