cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Chinfz
Adept I

PC freezes when playing League of Legends and does not unfreeze

This has only so far occurred in League of Legends, but I've played other games like Telltale's The Walking Dead definitive series where no issues were observed. In general, when I play League of Legends, the game may occasionally freeze and then restart normally after a few delay. The issue is that sometimes it completely freezes and won't unfreeze, even after I wait a while, and it appears that all of my computer stops working as well because my friends stop listening to me on Discord (though it should be noted that even when my friends stop listening to me, I can still hear everything they are saying). The only choice I have is to restart the computer by pressing the power button on the power supply located at the back of the computer, which is somewhat inconvenient and may eventually affect the computers ability to perform as intended.

I've tried changing the AMD Adrenaline settings and reinstalling the game, but this issue persists occasionally.

Also worth mentioning is the fact that my friend has the exact same setup and has no issues at all when playing league (the monitor is the only thing different).

Computer specs

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Octa-Core, 3.6GHz
  • GPU: Sapphire RX 6700 10GB GDDR6 Gaming OC
  • Motherboard: Micro-ATX MSI B550M Pro-VDH WiFi
  • CPU Cooler: Water Cooler CPU Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L V2 RGB 240mm
  • Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16
  • Storage: SSD M.2 2280 KIOXIA Exceria 1TB 3D TLC NVMe
  • Power Supply: Seasonic S12III Series 650W 80PLUS 
  • Monitor: AOC 24g2u
1 Solution
fabz
Adept II

My brother has the same problem and what we have done and seems to have solved the problem is:

remove hardware accelleration from blitz, discord, chrome 

global graphics set standard

clean instal of the last stable driver version 22.5.1

View solution in original post

4 Replies
fabz
Adept II

My brother has the same problem and what we have done and seems to have solved the problem is:

remove hardware accelleration from blitz, discord, chrome 

global graphics set standard

clean instal of the last stable driver version 22.5.1

I'll give it a shot and then let you know how it turns out, thanks!

0 Likes

I have followed your advice, and so far I haven't had any freezing at all. I should mention that, for some reason, I was unable to clean install version 22.5.1, so I'm currently using the most recent version, but it appears that the issue has been resolved. Thanks!

Did you used ddu in safe mode? Btw if you have still problems try that too, lot of negative feedback about those optional drivers,  its 5 weeks no black screen for me , maybe set standard on the global graphics didnt do anything,  i'm not sure.

0 Likes