cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

supersonic86
Journeyman III

Is it possible to authorize the usage of the second graphics card for all programs?

Hello everyone,

I am using a laptop (Omen 16) which runs on AMD Radeon Graphics and has 2 graphics cards (The first one being AMD Radeon TM Graphics and the second one being AMD Radeon RX 6600m). The second graphics card is the most powerful, and for most games the system uses both, as I can see when I turn on Radeon Software.

But for certain games, which the system apparently does not detect as such, the usage of the second graphics card seems blocked, its usage is kept at 0% according to Radeon Software (even though the first graphics card is suffering), and the games also do not appear in the "game" section.

This creates big performance problems for the games in question, and so I was wondering if, in Radeon Software, there is an option for allowing all programs on the PC to use both graphics cards.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Have you tried using Windows Settings - Graphics to assign the Discrete Laptop GPU (High Performance in Settings)  to all the programs you want it to run on?

0 Likes

Doing that works well for specific programs, but I need the access to the executable (to indicate to Windows which program should be run in high performance mode), which is not always possible. This is why I'm trying to authorize it for all currently running programs, but I do not know if this is possible.

0 Likes