cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rfibe644
Adept I

I accidentally uninstalled Amd and now my gpu won’t show on device manager

I’ve tried reinstalling amd, restoring to default my Bios, and still my gpu won’t show up on device manager, So the installer says no amd device connected but it’s connected just fine, and when I plug it into my gpu it’s just a black screen I’m so lost on what to do I really need some help on this

4 Replies
rfibe644
Adept I

When I try plugging it into my intergrated gpu when my Radeon rx560 is plugged in it tells me to change to it but still won’t show up on device manager and still won’t let me install amd

0 Likes

Try Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)

0 Likes
FunkZ
Forerunner

In the motherboard BIOS there is a setting, probably under a section for PCI, where you have a drop-down selection for choosing the primary display. The options will be something like Integrated, PCIE slot and Auto. What do you have this set to? It's recommended to leave this on Auto.

While in the BIOS, if you move the display cable from the motherboard to the discrete card, are you getting an output on the monitor? If so, then the card is working and it's a problem with Windows detecting the card. If not, it's possible the card is bad.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

First need to post your PC Information.

Sometimes if a PCIe card is not recognized by removing the GPU card and installing it again on the Motherboard causes the Motherboard to recognize the PCIe card again.

If it still is not recognize try installing the GPU card in another PC and see if it is recognized. This will eliminate a defective GPU card or an issue with your PC.

Are you using an Intel or AMD APU (Processor with Integrated Graphics)?

Which version of Windows and AMD Driver are you using?

Make sure the PSU to GPU PCIe power cable is connected properly and making a good tight connection on the GPU card.

0 Likes