cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

katlang66
Adept I

YouTube Quality Sucks

I have a HP AIO 24-f0xx desktop...Processor-AMD A9-9425 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G..3100MHZ...Memory Size 8192 MB Speed 2400 MHZ Type DDR4.....having issues with YouTube quality playback, have to watch in low quality in order for videos to play without burps, sputters and that annoying circle, but playing games is smooth.  I use my desktop mostly for music/writing, not much gaming, I have another computer for that, and that one has a different processor altogether.  But this one runs AMD and I get emails constantly about updates and I install the recommended one.  Is there some program to install that helps with video playback.  I have high speed internet, and don't have issues with connection, just curious as to why I can play games but can't videos, any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration in your browser?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration in your browser?

0 Likes

I did, can play in a better quality...still a little choppy but better...thanks

You should also just try a lower resolution setting on the video.  If you're trying to watch a 4K video with that setup, you're not going to have a good time, for example.

0 Likes

I do that already, lowering quality I do already and I don't watch in 4K, I can now since I turned off hardware acceleration.  I can watch HD movies and play games with this setup just fine its just YouTube I had issue with