cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

XMG: Ryzen 4000 Series Will Use Socket AM4

Considering DDR5 and (most likely) PCIe 5 are going to be mass market in 2021, I don't think this comes as much of a surprise. XMG is a manufacturer of ultra high end laptops, including the Apex 15 which uses a Ryzen 3950X and a B450 motherboard, and this was posted about that laptop a couple of weeks ago on their Reddit thread. This also backs up AMD's claim that Socket AM4 would be supported through 2020.

https://www.reddit.com/r/XMG_gg/comments/fsbsr0/megathread_xmg_apex_15_with_amd_ryzen_desktop_cpu/

0 Likes
3 Replies

That is good news. Now I just have to get my MSi Tomahawk board back from RMA, it died last week. Will be glad to be able to go one more generation on the board. 

0 Likes

So your Might Suddenly Implode motherboard...imploded?

But I feel the same, though if Lisa Su is right about Zen 3 having such a performance boost over Zen 2, I might regret buying this 3700X...

0 Likes

I have a 3600 and it was a good price. I figure I can get a couple years out of it and when a much faster 4xxx chip falls in price due to it's replacement being out, I will snag one then. Assuming I still have a working board. It was really weird, I was gaming the night before and got up in the middle of the night and noticed it was not on. It would not power on, no led on or fans spin, nothing. 

0 Likes