cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Rymdoyle
Journeyman III

Xfx rx 6650 xt problems

So I have a Xfx rx 6659 xt and it seems to be having problems. If I run benchmarks like time spy and heaven 4.0 everything seems normal. Utilization is 99% and clock speeds are consistent. I move to games like Warzone 2 and the utilization is all over the place as well as the clock speeds resulting in lower fps than what it should be. When I first put my system together and playing warzone it was working as I would expect with utilization high and consistent as well as the clock speeds. I've used DDU to uninstall and reinstall drivers and I always run the latest drives. It doesn't matter if I put graphic quality in games to basic or extreme the fps doesn't really budge.

System

R5 5600

Msi b550 tomahawk

Xfx rx 6650 xt

Evga g6 gold 650w

0 Likes
4 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

First with the basic stuff:

Is your motherboards BIOS up to date?

Do you have the latest AM4 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com?

How are your CPU/GPU temps?

What speed is your memory actually running at? (Task Manager>Performance>Memory)

What drive make/model do you have your games installed on? How full are your drives? Is your SSD(s) firmware up to date? (IF Samsung M.2 drives, it's more important to get your firmware up to date)

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Bios is up to date and chipset drivers are up to date. Cpu Temps are normal under load 40ish degrees. Gpu was getting to like 85 degrees at junction temp in game but now like 56 or so. 

My memory is 32gb at 3200mhz cl16. It is running at those speeds. 

Only have 1tb teamgroup mp33. It's at 461gb out of 1tb. It is up to date with firmware. 

0 Likes

Have you tried with Re-Size bar/Above 4G Decoding disabled if enabled .. enabled IF disabled?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

I've always had it enabled. I can yet it disabled tho. 

0 Likes