cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

sowrin_paul
Adept I

Windows 11 performance in AMD

I'm using AMD Ryzen 5 5600G for 4 months and using windows 10.  I want to upgrade it to windows 11. But hearing that AMD is causing some performance issues with windows 11, I'm pretty confused about that I should install windows 11 or stay in windows 10. I play games on my PC. So, please help me with some good advice.
Thank you.

8 Replies

When Windows 11 first came out there was a performance issue with AMD Processors. But both Microsoft and AMD working together supposingly fixed that via Windows and BIOS updates.

So your APU shouldn't have an issue with performance in Windows 11.

But Performance is affected in many ways even in Windows 10. So it depends on your PC setup and hardware and software you use that determines how good or bad your APU will perform.

Thank you❤

0 Likes

If you are like me, you would be worried about losing all the progress from all the games you have installed on windows 10.That said I don't think windows 11 really offers better value apart from its new aesthetic nature.So if you are in it for the new look you should go for it.If you want a performance boost an update of your windows 10 to the latest kernel should do.

GON

Thanks for the advice❤

0 Likes

win 11 issue with l3 cache is fixed but i suggest stay with win10

0 Likes

We all know about the launch issues with Windows 11 on Ryzen CPUs, but has that been fully fixed? I know that a lot of the biggest issues were fixed, but I've still seen occasional news stories online about issues with Windows 11 and Ryzen. I'm tempted to finally upgrade, but I don't want to potentially screw up my gaming performance and have to wipe everything and start over.

Vynski
Exemplar

Here is my take on Windows 11 :

I have 4 desktops and 3 laptops.  Two desktops and 2 laptops are running Windows 7 due to the machines that they are dedicated to.  These machines will not work in windows 10 or 11.  The 2 desktops running Windows 11 are a RYZEN 7 2700X,16GB GSKILL 3200 RAM, XPG GAMMIX S70 SSD, Radeon RX480 GPU, on and MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus motherboard with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz.  The only issue I had in the upgrade was with a conflict with Realtek ethernet drivers (that issue has been resolved).  For some reason the Realtek drivers kept trashing my Intel drivers, so since I haven't used ethernet in the last 10 years I just went into the BIOS and disabled it.  I read that that issue had been resolved regardless of my method.  Now If you are planning on upgrading to a GEN 4 SSD with a GEN 2 CPU, like mine, the GEN 4 SSD will default to GEN 3 specs.  At least the GEN 2 AMD CPU's will not recognize the GEN 4 SSD.

My other desktop is a Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB GSKILL 3200 RAM, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 SSD, Radeon 5700X GPU, on an MSI MEG X570 ACE Gaming motherboard with Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200.

The Laptop is an MSI Bravo 15 with the AMD 4600H CPU and Radeon 5500 GPU.

I have these three upgraded to Windows 11 and have had fewer issues than with Windows 10.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

The real question is what's going on with AMD's Win 10 GPU drivers, and why Aero has been seemingly broken for months without anyone fixing it. I don't think there has been any compelling argument to start using 11 whatsoever, and if anything there's enough to NOT use it from the changes. Forced Edge integration, UI shenanigans, w/e. The taskbar was like one of the last things MS didn't screw up, and doesn't have some 3rd party alternative. AFAIK, it's all screwed up now. So why should I "upgrade" to this garbage?

0 Likes