Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

musclesamuraisix
Journeyman III

Why My Ryzen 3 1300x build Keeps Freezing Randomly on Windows 10

Hi Everyone

I am new too using AMD as in South Africa it is alot harder to get your hands on AMD hardware until it became available in 2018 at local PC stores. Before this you had to order the parts from other countries, anyway so I recently got myself a AMD Ryzen 1300x Build and I installed Windows 10, now after using it, it randomly freezes, by this I mean mouse doesnt work, nothing responds and you have to hold the power button down to switch it off, now my build isn't bad and all the parts are brand new, here is my build:

Ryzen 3 1300x Processor
Sapphire Radeon RX560 2gb Graphics Card
Asus Prime A320M-K Motherboard
Transcend 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz Ram
Raidmax 550 Watt PSU

PC Tower with Plenty of Fans

Now I found that when I disconnect my PC from the internet is doesn't seem to Freeze, but when its connected to the internet it will freeze randomly (Not sure if that has anything to do with it). Since I am new to using AMD this is the first time I have experienced anything like this and checked all the parts and they are all working perfectly.

Does anyone know what the issue maybe??
Also would it be better if I installed Windows 7 instead??

Thank you in-advance

0 Likes
6 Replies
saywhut
Challenger

Your computer freezing is not a result of the Ryzen 3 1300X, but rather something else.  What Windows 10 build are you using?  Is Windows up-to-date?  How long ago did you install Windows?

Also Windows 7 is not supported with Ryzen officially so you're best off with Windows 10 at the latest stable build.

Hi There

I installed Windows 10, 2 days ago, the day I got my PC. I am running windows 10, but its the 2015 version

Really, I didn't know they stopped support for Windows 7 that sucks

0 Likes

Go ahead and patch it up to the latest build or reinstall Windows (preferably) using the Microsoft USB tool from here:

Download Windows 10

It will be at the latest build, 1809, and automatically create the USB for you if you decide to go with the USB method.  If your Windows 10 is activated, during the installation select "I don't have a product key," select your licensed version of Windows 10 if prompted, then install Windows.  It will activate when you login into Windows.  When you select the disk to install Windows on, make sure to delete ALL existing partition on the disk you are installing it on until you get "unallocated space."

If it continues to happen again, we may potentially be looking at some DOA parts or third part software after the installation.

0 Likes

Awesome. Thank you so much I really appreciate the help

0 Likes

They didn't stop support in fact the added it in due to demand but in an unofficial capacity. The operating system predates the cpu technology by more than decade so no, they absolutely didn't pull support. Time marches on is all an hardware makers support products on current products used by the lion share of the market.

saywhut
Challenger

Great, let us know how it goes!

0 Likes