cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

vster
Journeyman III

What voids Zen 4 warranty

Hello I'm on a Zen 4 CPU and was wondering if using Ryzen master to under volt it would void my warranty. I was also wondering if enabling precision boost overdrive would void my warranty because in my bios it doesn't make me agree to anything to get to it.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

When you start Ryzen Master or about to use settings that changes the processor's parameter such as Overclocking or underclocking it mentions it will void the 3 year AMD Warranty warning.

Any software that Overclocks or underclocks a AMD processor will void the AMD Warranty besides Customer Error such as bent or broken pins on the processor or installing the wrong type of CPU Cooler that will cause the processor to overheat or get damaged.

Enabling PBO in BIOS will also void the AMD Warranty since it is AMD way of safely Overclocking the Processor:

Well it voids your warranty. Or as AMD puts it “Because Precision Boost Overdrive enables operation of the processor outside of specifications and in excess of factory settings, use of the feature invalidates the AMD product warranty and may also void warranties offered by the system manufacturer or retailer

In my BIOS (Asus MoBo) when entering any BIOS settings that might void the Processor's warranty it gives me a warning before entering those specific BIOS Settings.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

When you start Ryzen Master or about to use settings that changes the processor's parameter such as Overclocking or underclocking it mentions it will void the 3 year AMD Warranty warning.

Any software that Overclocks or underclocks a AMD processor will void the AMD Warranty besides Customer Error such as bent or broken pins on the processor or installing the wrong type of CPU Cooler that will cause the processor to overheat or get damaged.

Enabling PBO in BIOS will also void the AMD Warranty since it is AMD way of safely Overclocking the Processor:

Well it voids your warranty. Or as AMD puts it “Because Precision Boost Overdrive enables operation of the processor outside of specifications and in excess of factory settings, use of the feature invalidates the AMD product warranty and may also void warranties offered by the system manufacturer or retailer

In my BIOS (Asus MoBo) when entering any BIOS settings that might void the Processor's warranty it gives me a warning before entering those specific BIOS Settings.

0 Likes