cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

lackofo2
Journeyman III

What kind of Bottleneck am I Looking at with i5-4460 CPU and 5700 XT GPU?

Just bought a 

XFX Rx 5700 XT Raw II 8GB GDDR6. It Was for a Pc build im working on to upgrade my current pc (Buying ALL NEW parts) But I just opened it and wanna plug this sucker in. Without Breaking my current system of course. 

Specs -- 

Intel Core i5-4460 CPU ( Old as hell, I hate it. Burn it. I was 14 ). 

Asrock hdm-81 Mobo ( or something like that lel. )

8gb 1666 Ram 1 Stick ( Gross.  I dunno brand and don't currently wanna open pc up to look... ddr3 btw. )

GeForce 960. ( Also Garbage. I'm 20 now with a good paying job, Hence finally upgrading my PC ). 

My PSU is over 500 watt, that much i know. But I can't recall the brand. ( I know.. If ya don't know the brand of a PSU Don't use it. But meh, Lasted this long. )

0 Likes
2 Replies

Without knowing what your unknown brand, model and wattage of power supply is, I won't even advise you to install the thing.

0 Likes

You will be looking at a pretty substantial bottleneck I actually have an i5-4460 myself and just recently bought a gigabyte aorus 5700xt as the start of my PC upgrades and I have to cap games at 60 frames on my 1080p monitor or else the game will crash due to the CPU usage being literally 100% if I try to do more FPS than that. The rest of my hardware is an xfx 650 watt gold psu, 16 GB corsair ddr3 1600 mhz ram, gigabyte gah97m MB. Idk the psu brand you have but the 5700xt will use around 200 watts average it does go above and below that at times. It's pretty power hungry at least mine is.

0 Likes