cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

domnik968
Journeyman III

Upgrade Ryzen 5 2600X with a Ryzen 7 5700X

I'm thinking of doing an update to my configuration, without spending too much and without switching platforms. I currently have a Ryzen 5 2600X, which I will put in my living room pc when I replace it, and my intent is to buy the best CPU for gaming. I thought the Ryzen 7 5700X could be the best choice for quality and price. I don't intend to do OC, so I would like to know what is the boost clock it can reach on all cores and how much difference is there with the 2600X

0 Likes
2 Replies
Hiramabiff
Adept III

I am replacing my 2600x with a 5800x since that’s the most my motherboard can handle. 

MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600, Gigabyte RX 7600 OC, 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB
0 Likes

When you upgrade your CPU you need to aware of two important factors:

1- Make sure you have the correct BIOS Version installed BEFORE installing your new Processor. Otherwise it might not boot up with the wrong BIOS installed.

2- Make sure the current RAM MEMORY you have installed will be compatible with the new CPU. You will find this out once you boot up with your current RAM installed. If it boots into Windows without any issues than it is probably compatible.

0 Likes