cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

abhishek007p
Adept I

Two version of Athlon 3000g

there are two version of Athlon 3000g, i done some research. posting it here to clear some confusion.

There are two version of Athlon 3000G.
YD3000C6FHBOX based on Dali core name based on original raven ridge (zen)
YD3000C6FBBOX based on original raven ridge (zen)
(I am talking about retail box pack only, not OEM)

AMD originally released the FH model, later they released a new version without announcing it. Dont know why AMD done it, may be due to chip shortage?

-FH are mostly made in China
-FB are mostly made in Malaysia
-FB mostly released in low income market like Indonesia, Malaysia, India etc
-FB is basically exact copy of Athlon 240GE which is rebranded as 3000g, speed increased, unlocked
-FB is rare and hardly 5% of all 3000g, even AMD page mentions FH model only.
-windows 11 only support FH model since its most popular
-all 3000g are based on Zen architecture. There is no Zen+ / Picasso version
-Gigabyte website is showing two 3000g with Revision 0 being FB and Revision 1 being FH further confirm it.
-Model number of Athlon 220GE/240GE also ends with FB

I dont know if there is any performance difference.

0 Likes
5 Replies

The Athlon 3000g with the part number YD3000C6FHBOX  is a Zen + 12NM Picasso APU Processor and compatible with Windows 11.

But AMD also made another Athlon 3000g APU but with a 14NM Raven Ridge APU. This was the last Raven Ridge APU made by AMD  and not compatible with Windows 11.

I answered this question at this previous AMD Thread where a User was asking about the difference in part numbers: https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/differences-between-yd3000c6m2ofh-and-yd3000c6m2ofb/td-p/489...

In the link above I explained the difference:

Seems like the one with the "H" is a Picasso Processor while the one with a "B" is a Great Horned Owl/ Raven Ridge/ Raven Ridge Pro processor.

there is no piccaso version of 3000G. all athlon 3000g are 14nm.

CPUZ corrected their mistake. FH is identified as  Dali core name and FB is identified as Raven ridge core.

it is unfortunate that AMD released a new model without any announcement. i had submited a RMA, while online support accetped it. the service center is my city refused the RMA, as being not compatible with Win 11 is not a valid reason for them, they except a dead CPU.

The "FH" is a Picasso Zen+ 12NM APU Processor:

Screenshot 2022-05-30 131440.png

AMD website shows 14nm codename 'picasso'. Picasso is 12nm, not 14nm. there is no credible source then AMD website itself.

https://www.amd.com/en/product/8956

either way i feel cheated by what AMD has done. dumping old raven ridge by calling it 3000g to emerging markets. not even mentioning it on their website.

That looks like a misprint on AMD page that you linked because Picasso CPUs are 12NM not 14NM in size as per WikiChip:

Picasso is codename for AMD series of mainstream mobile and desktop APUs based on the Zen+ CPU and Vega GPU microarchitectures succeeding Raven Ridge. Picasso processors are fabricated on GlobalFoundries 12 nm process and incorporate four cores.

All Raven Ridge APU are 14NM in size. Again from Wikichip:

Raven Ridge is codename for AMD series of mainstream mobile and desktop APUs based on the Zen CPU and Vega GPU microarchitectures succeeding Bristol Ridge. Raven Ridge processors are fabricated on GlobalFoundries 14 nm process and incorporate four cores.

EDIT: I understand why you are upset in getting an older version of the 3000G APU Processor. Open a AMD Support ticket under "Warranty" and see if they will exchange it for a Picasso ZEN+ APU Processor. But I doubt it but no harm in trying. 

It is the same thing if I bought a Hardware from a Retailer and then found out that a new version and more advance exact hardware came out the day after I purchase my hardware. Just bad luck or timing on my part. The only person I can blame is myself for not waiting or not researching the hardware before buying it.