Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

irmags
Journeyman III

Two disks showing as REMOVED in my RAID1 arrays on RaidXpert2

Hello AMD world!

Not entirely sure what happened on Friday but I couldnt boot on Saturday morning and since then I've been doing all manner of DR methods. It then transpired when I about to wipe everything and start again I realised that my BIOS / UEFI had set itself back to AHCI mode instead of RAID. Which was weird and would explain why I wasnt able to "find a proper boot" whatever.

As part of troubleshooting and DR i have been unplugging drives to have them as slaves in other machines or on a different SATA port onboard (with the bigger 3.5"s I have here). I've not switched them around , literally unplug, replug. 

Now I've got this. How do I allocate the required disks and replace the REMOVED ones so they'll adopt the ones I've plugged back in. The SSD Disk 0 0 was formatted . The disk on 0 4 was only unplugged and replugged.

I've booted back into my OS as it was pre-crash which is great - and I wish I'd checked my RAID/UEFI first #everydayisalearningday back and in there the RAID disks shows as ONLINE and READY - one per Array.

So how do I bring the "ready" drives into "online" mode please?

Thanks,

Luke

RIAD.JPG

0 Likes
1 Reply
irmags
Journeyman III

Update

Having INITIALISED disks in BIOS and the RAID config (Ctrl+R) making them show as status of READY nothing happened overnight. It was only upon reading another issue on her similar that you need to then assign these READY drives as GLOBAL HOT SPARES . Reboot and now we're rebuilding!!RAID rebuilding after setting to global hot spare.JPG

0 Likes