cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

jmalukker
Adept II

Threadripper 2920x up to 7GHZ

After messing around in Bios in order to solve a Crossfire Issue I actually gaind system speed. Some one pls can explain? pastedImage_1.png

previous I where reach a max of like 4.7 with up to like 85 degrees on the cores up to 112 on the socket. See picture above that`s how it run now... Not shure why it runs now that way......but not complain it`s awesome just want understand. HELPPPPPPPP.

0 Likes
5 Replies

Faulty reading, just like your 8333 RPM fan speed.

0 Likes

The Fan Reading is correct, it`s a Waterpump  

0 Likes

That clock rate would not even be possible with a liquid nitrogen cooler. Clearly the software does not recognize the sensor device which is typically Nuvoton NTC 6797 or similar who is commonly seen on consumer motherboards.

Grab CPU-Z and post a screenshot of the third tab which shows the motherboard.

0 Likes

Well the 7GHZ seem to be a peak in stresstest meanwhile drop other cores with SMT disabled and Precision boost enabled.  

0 Likes

The CPU vCORE voltage maximum for 7 ghz, in my opinion, is way too low. It should be above 1.50 volts.

Plus as mentioned at 7 ghz your CPU would be melting from the heat generated at the speed unless you have a very cold & efficient CPU Cooler.

What does Ryzen Master show?  Does it agree with the Monitoring software you are using?

Finally found the article that I remember reading a while back helping another User who was OCing his Ryzen. This explains why your readings are incorrect: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX Overclocked To 6 GHz Across All 32 Cores 

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX Overclocked To 6 GHz With LN2 Cooling, Achieves Several Records

Indonesian overclocker, Ivan Cupa, achieved a clock frequency of 5955.4 MHz on the 2990WX, a 32 core and 64 thread processor. The feat was achieved on an MSI MEG X399 Creation motherboard along with a Corsair 1500W power supply and tons of liquid nitrogen to keep temps under control. A CPU voltage of 1.68V was reported within MSI Command Center utility and temperatures of -184 degrees Celcius were achieved during the overclock session. Only one of the core was pushed to the overclocked frequency while others stayed at stock.

Nevertheless, this is an amazing feat to achieve such a high frequency for a CPU boasting 32 cores and 64 threads. In addition to the 6 GHz frequency world record, Alva Jonathan aka Lucky_Noob also achieved some record performance numbers with the 2990WX overclocked to 5.4 GHz across all 32 cores. The chip currently holds the world record in GPUPI and also global record in HWBOT x265 Benchmark (4K Run).

BenchBro's on the other hand also achieved the world record score in GPUPI v3.3, WPRIME 1024M and global record in Geekbench 3 Multi-core test. Finally, we have the highest performance rating of Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX in Cinebench from overclocker Sampson who scored 8532 points in Cinebench R15 with a clock frequency of 5.367 GHz across all 32 cores.

0 Likes