cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

helium
Journeyman III

The Registration Captcha is Terrible for Color Deficiency

Just a general feedback; i tried to register for the website, and i found the captcha being very difficult to read. i have trouble telling the boundary of the characters where they overlap, thanks to the color deficiency of my vision

1 Solution

That makes sense. It didn't work for safari; but it does work for Chrome. Although the audio one isn't easy on me as a non-native English speaker. 

I did ended up with registering with the visual one the other day.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Many of these Captcha provide Audio feature so that the User can hear it via audio.

Since you are color blind this should be the feature you use if it is offered.

I was curious as to whether AMD offered the audio option and they do. It did however not work in one browser but did in Firefox. So the OP may want to try another browser if it is not working for them. 

That makes sense. It didn't work for safari; but it does work for Chrome. Although the audio one isn't easy on me as a non-native English speaker. 

I did ended up with registering with the visual one the other day.

If I were you I would share your experience with AMD. Let them know why it was difficult for you and what browser did not work and that more language options would be great. 

You can let them know here, as they really should have better options for non English as well as users requiring alternative accessibility: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

This is considered to be an English speaking forum only, but many participate through translators all the time, seeing as they. This may just be an oversight of not thinking it through on AMD's part. However if you can't get signed up to begin with that may be an issue. 

I am going to mention a couple of the AMD moderators here too as maybe he can pass your experience along and maybe get some change going for other users in your situation: ray_mamdmatt

0 Likes

I can read many languages and don't rely on translation, in the old days the brain cell had to figure it out

0 Likes