cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

VTK
Journeyman III

The processor that only works single channel

My processor only works single channel and before it worked dual channel but it stopped out of nowhere without working dual channel but I changed the motherboard and ram memory and this problem continues, but when I put single channel it turns on normally and stresses everything normally using all the clock but when the dual channel button does not work, dual channel does not turn on the monitor or the keyboard

processor: Ryzen 5 5600g 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Dragokar
Miniboss

RMA it.

0 Likes
FunkZ
Exemplar

@VTK wrote:

but when the dual channel button does not work, dual channel does not turn on the monitor or the keyboard

What "dual channel button" is not working?

Post a screenshot of BIOS showing memory DIMMs installed.

Also post a screenshot of CPU-Z showing memory in single channel.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Do you happen to have any other RAM you can install to see if the problem persists?

Ryzen 7800X3D - Radeon 7900XT - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes

Just to clarify your OP.

In the past when you had 2 sticks of RAM in Dual Channel configuration in your DIMM Slots the computer was working normally (Dimm Slots A2 & B2 as an example only)

Now in the same Dual Channel configuration that PC doesn't boot up or work normally unless you have it in a Non-Dual Channel or Single Channel configuration (A1 & A2 or B1 & B2 Dimm Slots) correct?

Since you replaced both the Motherboard and RAM with the same results (assuming your RAM is 100% compatible with your processor)  that would indicate that the processor's seemed to be defective.

I would open a AMD SUPPORT - Warranty ticket and asked them if they believe you need to RMA your processor if it is newer than 3 year old: https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html