cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

InnerConflict
Adept II

Stuttery Video Playback in Browser when set to Fullscreen or Theatersize

RX6950XT and Ryzen 5800X3D. Fresh Windows Install. Clean and fresh driver install 24.1.1. But I had this issue for some months now, tried alot of things, can´t get rid of it. Chrome, LibreWolf, Brave, FireFox, Edge even, though Edge worked best until one day it decided to have stuttery playback too. It was pretty easilyreproducable.

In normal small size, it plays fine, but no matter what chromium based browser you use, once you set the videosize to theatermode or fullscreen, the framepacing becomes bad. At 1080p very microstuttery, and even with enough hardware power and internet bandwidth, especially 4K and 1440p becomes a pain. YouTube for example is the main culprit. Yes, adblock uninstalled and turned off just in case. Resizable Bar on and off as well. Underclocking as well as stock settings. I tried playing with the hardware acceleration settings in all browsers, switching to 3D acceleration forced on, forced off. And it is not smooth even with 3D acceleration turned off. But weirdly enough when I pop in a GTX960 and Intel 12400, it is smooth. So my question is, is it the CPU? Basically the AM4 platform, maybe chipset drivers, or is 3d hw acceleration turned off not all the way off and the GPU still causes issues? So I went ahead and popped in the Intel with the RX6950XT and, no matter if on or off, it still behaves the same. different PSU´,s even households in case its dirty electricity or something. So i suspect it has to be chromium + amd gpu`? I dont know. Edge worked for some time, but then not, so maybe its like the factory reset issue, a microsoft + amd gpu specific issue?

0 Likes
0 Replies