cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

e1thal
Journeyman III

Stuttering on Destiny 2

Ive been noticing a lot of stuttering when I play Destiny 2 along with a lower avg framerate than other games.

destiny is on medium-high settings getting 80-90 fps with drops to 60-70 or lower at times.

i have a 6700xt and am on latest drivers. 1080p monitors

have had some issues previously but playing other games at higher settings has made me realize that the stuttering is unique to D2. recently had to lower my textures from very high to high, would appreciate if anyone maybe had some experience with this?

0 Likes
3 Replies
david72
Journeyman III

@e1thal wrote: usps tracking

Ive been noticing a lot of stuttering when I play Destiny 2 along with a lower avg framerate than other games.

destiny is on medium-high settings getting 80-90 fps with drops to 60-70 or lower at times.

i have a 6700xt and am on latest drivers. 1080p monitors

have had some issues previously but playing other games at higher settings has made me realize that the stuttering is unique to D2. recently had to lower my textures from very high to high, would appreciate if anyone maybe had some experience with this?

Some users have reported that the stuttering could be due to the shader cache building up.
I can try to suggest some fixes you can try yourself.
The game might be compiling shaders as it goes, and the stuttering could reduce as you play more.

1. Low Latency Mode: You could try adjusting the low latency mode in your cvars file. To do this, close Destiny 2, find your cvars file, set the low latency mode to value 0, save and close the file.
  2. AMD Freesync and Full Screen Mode: Verify that you don’t have AMD Freesync enabled and that you’re running in Full Screen mode and not Windowed or Fullscreen Windowed mode3.
  3. Driver Updates: After updating drivers, some users have reported experiencing stuttering as the shaders have to recompile4. This seems to go away after playing for a while

I hope this can help you a bit..

Thanks

David

I am self-employed & web developer. I am passionate about to work on py projects, Wordpress, php, business activities, social activities !
0 Likes

Hi there!

I currently have an 6700xt and play only D2. Don't judge me haha. Anyways, I also noticed quite a bit of stuttering but as soon as I stopped using stock settings, that changed. You may notice the fps capped at 60, that's because my monitor is.. Bad. Anyways, when using the display of fps, it shows MUCH higher than 60, but I choose to limit them.

Currently, I'm running with this.

Kahlimdor_0-1708694712862.png

(Power tunning is set to max, 15%)

Kahlimdor_1-1708694752306.png

Kahlimdor_2-1708694764657.png

On D2, I mainly run Highest on most things, 140/5 render, can't remember exactly, I'll check in a bit and come back.

Anyways, I hope it helps!

Have a good day - Kahlimdor -

0 Likes

Just checked. I turn off the anti aliasing and the anisotropic filtering, since the GPU will take care of that. Hope it helps!

0 Likes